According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Weather Information Technologies Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global weather information technologies market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.5% during 2022-2027. Weather information technologies predict the conditions of the atmosphere using advanced scientific equipment and transport. They utilize software, communication, and monitoring devices onboard ships, airplanes, satellites, buoys, doppler radars, and weather stations to collect and process data for prediction, weather advisory, and alerts. Weather information technologies are widely used in air traffic, farming, fishing, military operations, disaster management, and renewable energies. They provide vital information about wind intensity, fog, rain, humidity, and lightning. These solutions are cost-effective and assist in making faster predictions, collecting additional data, and improving public weather services.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Weather Information Technologies Market Trends-
The global weather information technologies market is primarily being driven by significant growth in the aviation industry. Weather information technologies are widely installed at airports to assist air traffic controls and airplanes in monitoring wake turbulence and performing safe take-off and landing operations. Furthermore, increasing technology utilization in weather-sensitive industries, such as agriculture, marine, construction, and transportation, is providing a considerable boost to the market growth. Additionally, the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and analytic tools to analyze historical events, improve forecasting models, and enhance efficiency, response, and disaster readiness is providing an impetus to the market growth. In line with this, the launch of advanced radar remote-sensing systems to detect and monitor the physical characteristics of farm activities is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Moreover, the increasing utilization of technology in the renewable energy sector for protecting nuclear power plants, providing atmospheric data for wind turbines, and constant weather monitoring for solar energy generation are creating a positive outlook for the market. Other factors, including increasing investment by several governments in disaster management, the widespread adoption of the solution in military applications, the introduction of augmented reality (AR) in weather forecasting, and the rising demand for air quality monitoring, are anticipated to drive the market toward growth.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been divided into communication devices, monitoring devices, software, and others.
- Based on the forecast range, the market has been categorized into short-, medium-, and long-range forecasts.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been bifurcated into air quality monitoring and weather monitoring and forecasting.
- Based on the end use, the market has been segregated into agriculture, aerospace and defense, transportation, power and energy, oil and gas, meteorology and weather service providers, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been categorized into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and Others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and Others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry also been examined, with some of the key players being All Weather Inc., Campbell Scientific Inc., Columbia Weather Systems Inc., General Acoustics e.K., Gill Instruments Limited, International Business Machines Corporation, Lockheed Martin Corporation, Met One Instruments Inc., Morcom International Inc., Skye Instruments Limited, Sutron Corporation (Danaher Corporation) and Vaisala Oyj.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800