According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Webcams Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global webcams market size reached US$ 7.2 Billion in 2020. Also known as a web camera, a webcam is a small digital video camera connected to a computer, laptop or smart device. It comprises a lens, image sensor and a microphone for recording the video and sound. It offers features such as motion sensing, image archiving, custom coding, and automation. As it is lightweight, compact, user-friendly, cost-effective, and durable, it is gaining traction over conventionally used video cameras worldwide.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Webcams Market Trends:
With the increasing need for real-time monitoring, visual marketing, live events, video conferencing and entertainment, there is an increase in the utilization of webcams in the manufacturing, retail, automotive, construction, transportation, and banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI) sectors. These webcams also help government bodies and private organizations with perimeter surveillance. Besides this, the integration of webcams in unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) with cloud compatibility and image sensors is also strengthening the market growth. Moreover, leading manufacturers are launching innovative product variants with enhanced storage capacity and resolution. Apart from this, considerable growth in the information technology (IT) industry, coupled with the rising spending capacities of the consumers, is anticipated to contribute to the market growth. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 12.4 Billion by 2026, expanding at a CAGR of 9.50% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the webcam type, the market has been segmented into external (wired and wireless) and embedded webcams.
- On the basis of the technology, the market has been bifurcated into analog and digital segments.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into offline and online stores.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been segregated into security and surveillance, entertainment, videoconference, live events, visual marketing, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been classified into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being 10moons Technology Development Co., Ltd., Canon Inc., Cisco Systems, Inc., D-Link Corporation, Koninklijke Philips N.V., Lenovo Group Limited, Logitech Inc., Microsoft Corporation, Nexia International Limited, Razer Inc., Sony Group Corporation and Xiaomi Corporation.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800