According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Whole Slide Imaging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global whole slide imaging market reached a value of US$ 690.3 Million in 2022. Whole slide imaging (WSI) refers to digital imaging technology wherein pathologists scan conventional glass slides to generate high-resolution and precise images of tissue sections. It includes illumination systems, a camera focusing unit connected to the computer, microscopic optical components, and lighting sources. WSI relies on specialized scanners and software to examine, view, and digitize the glass slides and produce digital images for analyzing, storing, and sharing the media file through a virtual slide viewer. It aids in optimizing digital workflow, improving accuracy, eliminating errors by limiting human intervention, providing reliable results, ensuring immediate analysis, optimizing productivity, and archiving images.
Global Whole Slide Imaging Market Trends:
The global whole slide imaging market is primarily driven by the increasing prevalence of various pathological ailments, especially amongst the geriatric population. This is further influenced by the growing need for high-resolution digital images for performing accurate medical analyses. In line with this, the escalating health concerns have intensified the adoption of WSI in biotechnology and healthcare institutions to produce biomarkers and supplementary diagnostics, which is acting as another growth-inducing factor. Additionally, the extensive utilization of WSI in immunohistochemistry (IHC) to detect antigens or haptens in the tissue sample for drug development purposes is contributing to the market growth. Furthermore, the large-scale integration of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning solutions (ML) with computational algorithms and image capturing technologies to ensure precise diagnosis and medicine delivery are propelling the market growth. Other factors, such as significant improvement in the healthcare infrastructure and continuous research and development (R&D) activities in the field of medical sciences, are creating a positive outlook for the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 1,340.8 Million by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 11.5% during 2023-2028.
- Based on technology, the market has been segmented into scanners, IT infrastructure, viewer, and image management system.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segregated into immunohistochemistry, telepathology, cytopathology, and hematopathology.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into academic institute, research, and others.
- On a regional basis, the market has been divided into North America (United States, and Canada), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined, along with the profiles of the key players being 3DHISTECH Ltd., Beckman Coulter Inc. (Danaher Corporation), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, General Electric Company, Hamamatsu Photonics KK, Huron Technologies Internationa, Inspirata Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Mikroscan Technologies Inc., Olympus Corporation, Perkinelmer Inc. and Visiopharm A/S.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Technology, Application, End User, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3DHISTECH Ltd., Beckman Coulter Inc. (Danaher Corporation), F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, General Electric Company, Hamamatsu Photonics KK, Huron Technologies Internationa, Inspirata Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., Mikroscan Technologies Inc., Olympus Corporation, Perkinelmer Inc. and Visiopharm A/S.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800