According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Wi-Fi Hotspot Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the global Wi-Fi hotspot market reached US$ 3,982.7 Million in 2021. A Wi-Fi hotspot refers to an internet access point that enables users to access the internet via mobile devices or laptops. These locations are generally found in private or public areas, such as cafes, hotels, airports, and libraries, that usually offer high-speed Wi-Fi networks to the masses. It is a cost-efficient solution that is utilized to connect multiple devices at the same time while offering reliable internet connectivity. Apart from this, it also assists the service providers in building brand awareness, increasing customer retention, and making pay-as-you-go transactions, due to which it is gaining widespread prominence among the masses.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Wi-Fi Hotspot Market Trends:
The global market is primarily driven by the rising demand for high-speed internet connectivity among the masses. Coupled with the increasing utilization of electronic devices, including smartphones, tablets and laptops, this is creating a positive outlook for the market. Rapid digitization and various technological advancements across the public and private sectors are also positively influencing the market growth. Furthermore, numerous initiatives undertaken by governing bodies across the globe toward the development of smart infrastructure systems are providing an impetus to the market growth. Moreover, the sudden outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) that has encouraged numerous organizations to adapt work-from-home models is one of the key factors driving the market growth. Other factors, including rapid urbanization, continuous improvements in the telecommunication sector and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are contributing to the market growth further. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 19.7% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- On the basis of the component, the market has been segmented into wireless hotspot gateways, wireless hotspot controllers and mobile hotspot devices.
- Based on the software, the market has been categorized into centralized hotspot management, Wi-Fi security software, Wi-Fi hotspot billing software and cloud-based hotspot management.
- On the basis of the services, the market has been segregated into professional service, installation and integration services, consulting services and managed services.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been classified into communication service provider and network operators, enterprises and government.
- On the basis of the vertical, the market has been segmented into IT and telecom, financial services, education, healthcare, hospitality, transportation, retail and others.
- Based on the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others) and the Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Aptilo Networks (Enea AB), AT&T Inc., Boingo Wireless Inc., CASA Systems, Cisco Systems Inc., Cloud4Wi Inc., D-Link Corporation, Huawei Technologies Co.Ltd., iPass Inc. (Pareteum Corporation), Netgear Inc., Sierra Wireless Inc, Superloop Limited, Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson and Telstra Corporation Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800