According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Wi-Fi Chipset Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global Wi-Fi chipset market size reached US$ 17.2 Billion in 2018. Wireless transmitter and chipset are utilized by the Wi-Fi technology to send the required data for wireless networking. The transmitter converts the information from the internet to the radio signal, enabling information exchange in the form of data or voice from the device. These chipsets are commonly used to access networked services without the requirement of standard cables. As a result, these chipsets are extensively being utilized across a vast array of home appliances such as water heaters, refrigerators and washing machines, as well as consumer electronics, including televisions, smartphones, laptops and personal computers.
Global Wi-Fi Chipset Market Trend:
The increasing penetration rate of smart devices, such as smartphones and tablets into the daily life of consumers is one of the primary factors driving the market growth. Also, the growing applications of the Internet of Things (IoT) are expected to propel the demand for wireless technology. Wi-Fi chipsets form an essential component of smart houses with IoT-connected electronics. Moreover, owing to the growing environmental consciousness and inclination toward sustainable development, governments of various countries are heavily investing in the construction of smart cities, of which Wi-Fi networks form an integral part. Other factors contributing to the market growth include rising disposable income, increasing working population, and widespread acceptance of voice over mobile broadband (VOMB), which is both cost- and energy-efficient as compared to traditional telecom carriers. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is projected to reach a value of US$ 21.4 Billion by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 3.7% during 2019-2024.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been divided into smartphones, tablets, PCs, access point equipment, connected home devices and others.
- Based on the band, the market has been categorized into single, dual and tri bands.
- On the basis of the multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) configuration, the market has been bifurcated into single-user (SU)-MIMO and multi-user (MU)-MIMO.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market, including Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., Intel Corporation, Texas Instruments Inc., STMicroelectronics N.V., Mediatek, Inc., Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Marvell Technology Group Ltd., Cypress Semiconductor Corporation, Quantenna Communications, Inc., Peraso Technologies, Inc., Atmel Corporation, Celeno Communications, Espressif, Inc., and Broadcom Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Tel no: +1-631-791-1145