According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Wireless Charging Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2019-2024”, the global wireless charging market reached a value of US$ 8.5 Billion in 2018. Wireless charging is the process of charging battery-operated appliances without plugging them to a live power source. It operates on the principle of electromagnetic induction which constitutes a transmitter to conduct the energy and a receiver to charge the battery. Wireless charging is a convenient and reliable technology that eliminates the need for power connectors and cables, thus providing a portable and cost-effective alternative to traditionally wired charging systems. Catalyzed by a rise in the utilization of electronic devices such as smartphones, laptops, wearable and household electronics, the demand for wireless charging has been witnessing strong growth.
A major factor driving the growth of the global wireless charging market is the convenience of charging electronic devices at any time. Wireless charging systems ensure hassle-free portability of appliances and eliminate the need of bulky power and charging devices. Owing to these benefits, wireless charging devices have penetrated various industrial sectors such as consumer electronics, industrial equipment and automotive. The growth of these end-user industries are likely to drive the growth of the wireless charging market over the coming years. Moreover, technological advancements in the industry are expected to improve the power transmission range of the existing wireless charging devices by enabling them to charge over longer distances, thereby enhancing the utility for the customer. Looking forward, the market is projected to reach US$ 19.3 Billion by 2024, registering a CAGR of 13.3% during 2019-2024.
- The report has segmented the wireless charging market by technology into inductive, magnetic resonance, radio frequency and others. Currently, inductive technology is the most popular technology used in wireless charging devices, accounting for the largest market share.
- Wireless charging is used across consumer electronics, defense, healthcare, industrial and automotive segments. Amongst these, consumer electronics dominate the market, holding the leading share.
- The market has also been categorized on the basis of transmission range into short range, medium range and long-range wireless chargers. Short range transmission is currently the most popular segment.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented as North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, Asia pacific represents the leading market for wireless charging on account of high demand for electronic devices in countries such as Japan, South Korea, China, and India.
- The competitive landscape of the global wireless charging market has also been examined with the profiles of the leading market players. Some of the key players operating in the market include ConvenientPower HK Limited, Energizer Holdings, Inc., Integrated Device Technology, Inc., Leggett & Platt, Incorporated, Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd, Powermat Technologies Ltd., Qualcomm Incorporated, Texas Instruments Incorporated, WiTricity Corporation and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal