According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Wireless LAN Security Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028," the global wireless LAN security market size reached US$ 9.5 Billion in 2022. Wireless local area network (WLAN) security is designed to protect the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of data transmitted over a wireless network. It relies on various measures, such as authentication, encryption, access control, network segmentation, and regular security audits, which ensures that only authorized users can access the network. It also helps in safeguarding sensitive data, protecting against hijacking or spoofing attacks, and preventing unauthorized access to the network. At present, rising sales of smartphones and the growing penetration of high-speed internet connectivity are catalyzing the demand for WLAN security across the globe.
Global Wireless LAN Security Market Trends:
There is an increase in the use of WLAN security for various internet of things (IoT) devices like smart home devices. This, coupled with the emerging trend of smart homes and rising concerns about the safety and security of homes on account of the expanding number of crime rates, represents one of the major factors augmenting the market growth around the world. Moreover, the growing number of cyber-attacks and anonymous security threats, such as hacking, phishing, and malware attacks, is influencing the market positively. In addition, the increasing use of WLAN security in small and medium-scale enterprises (SMEs) on account of rapid digitization, rising cloud-based solutions, and remote working models is bolstering the growth of the market. Furthermore, governing agencies of several countries are undertaking measures to promote the safety and privacy of user data. This, along with the growing awareness about the importance of network security, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Apart from this, the increasing use of video conferencing for various purposes like business meetings and online tutoring is strengthening the growth of the market. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of US$ 27.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.3% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of the security type, the market has been segmented into WPA2/WPA (Wi-Fi protected access), WEP (wired equivalent privacy), and no-encryption. Presently, WPA2/WPA (Wi-Fi protected access) holds the largest market share.
- Based on the technology, the market has been segregated into dedicated security appliances, mobile VPNs, stand-alone WLAN security software, and performance monitoring and intrusion detection systems. Mobile VPNs currently exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- On the basis of the deployment type, the market has been categorized into on-premises and on-cloud. At present, on-premises accounted for the biggest market share.
- Based on the end user, the market has been classified into enterprises and individual consumers. Enterprises accounted for the total market share.
- On the basis of the region, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia and others); Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico and others); and the Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America (the United States and Canada) enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of the key players include ALE International SAS, Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Inc., Fortinet, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., and ZTE Corporation.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Security Type Covered
||WPA2/WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access), WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy), No-Encryption
||Dedicated Security Appliances, Mobile VPNs, Stand-Alone WLAN Security Software, Performance Monitoring and Intrusion Detection Systems
|Deployment Type Covered
|End User Covered
||Enterprises, Individual Consumers
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ALE International SAS, Broadcom Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Dell Inc., Fortinet, Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd., ZTE Corporation., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800