According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Women Apparel Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the global women apparel market grew at a CAGR of 4.8% during 2015-2020. Women’s apparel refers to different pieces of clothing that are worn by women. These clothes include a broad category of products, ranging from ethnic to formal wear, available in a variety of sizes and prices. Over the years, there has been an increase in the demand for sustainable and environment-friendly apparel on account of rising environmental concerns and inflating income levels.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Women Apparel Market Trends:
The market is primarily experiencing growth on account of the increasing number of online retail stores. This can be accredited to the rising internet penetration and numerous associated benefits, such as faster delivery, discount coupons, convenience, easy accessibility and return policies, and different means for payment. Besides this, leading manufacturers are providing exclusive high fashion clothing items, along with an extensive range of new designs and styles, especially in formal wear. They are also focusing on introducing trendy clothes with innovative patterns, designs, colors, fabrics, and styles to expand their consumer base. Furthermore, widespread adoption of innovative strategies, such as personalization, and mass customization, and 3D printing to improve the quality of products and minimize production costs, are contributing to the market growth. Other factors, such as the growing concept of visual merchandising and the rising trend of fashion rental services, are favorably impacting the growth of the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to grow at a CAGR of 4.2% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segregated into tops and dresses; bottom wear; innerwear and sleepwear; coats, jackets, and suits; ethnic wear; and others.
- On the basis of the season, the market has been categorized into summer wear, winter wear, and all season wear.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segmented into supermarkets and hypermarkets, exclusive stores, multi-brand retail outlets, online stores, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (the United Kingdom, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Adidas AG, Burberry Group Plc, Dolce & Gabbana S.r.l., Forever 21 (Aditya Birla Fashion & Retail Limited), Giorgio Armani S.p.A., Industria de Diseno Textil, S.A., Kering, L Brands, Inc., LVMH Group, PVH Corp, Prada S.p.A., and Uniqlo Co., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800