The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Women’s Health Diagnostics Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the global women’s health diagnostics market size reached US$ 21.62 Billion in 2021. Women’s health diagnostics refer to various medical procedures and tests used to diagnose diseases and conditions that affect the physical and mental well-being of women. Some commonly used laboratory testing solutions and tools include magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, mammography, biopsy, and computed tomography (CT). They aid in diagnosing and treating urological disorders, autoimmune diseases, menstrual problems, and cancer. They also help manage pregnancy complications and vaginal and sexual issues effectively. As a result, women’s health diagnostics have gained immense popularity for the timely diagnosis and efficient management of rare diseases and medical conditions in female patients.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Women’s Health Diagnostics Market Trends:
The increasing prevalence of various chronic diseases among women, including osteoporosis, menopause, and certain cancers, such as breast, ovarian, and cervical cancer, represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Besides this, the growing health consciousness and awareness regarding the benefits of early diagnosis has escalated the product demand. In addition, the surging infertility rates due to stressful lifestyles and unhealthy habits, including excessive smoking and alcohol consumption, have strengthened the need for women’s health diagnostics. Along with this, since menopause increases the risks of developing health conditions, such as urinary incontinence and heart disorders, there has been an increasing need for women’s health diagnostics among the female geriatric population. Furthermore, several key players are developing technologically advanced diagnostic and imaging devices that are minimally invasive and provide faster and enhanced diagnosis. In line with this, the launch of miniaturized diagnostic devices and test kits for home usage has accelerated product adoption rates. Other factors, including the increasing incidences of infectious and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), favorable initiatives undertaken by health agencies, improving healthcare infrastructure, rising adoption of point-of-care (POC) diagnostic testing, and ongoing research and development (R&D) activities, are also creating a positive market outlook. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 35.7 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 8.10% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the type, the market has been categorized into diagnostic devices (biopsy device, imaging and monitoring devices, and accessories and consumables) and diagnostic tests (breast cancer testing, PAP smear and HPV test, pregnancy testing and ovulation testing, and others).
- The market has been divided based on the application into breast cancer, infectious disease testing, osteoporosis testing, pregnancy and fertility testing, sexually transmitted disease testing, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been bifurcated into hospital and diagnostics centers and home care.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada), Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others), Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others), and Middle East and Africa.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, with some of the key players being Abbott Laboratories, Becton Dickinson and Company, bioMérieux SA, Cardinal Health Inc., Cook Group Incorporated, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., General Electric Company, Hologic Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., PerkinElmer Inc., Quest Diagnostics, Siemens AG, and Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800