According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Wound Care Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” the global wound care market size reached US$ 20.0 Billion in 2022. Wound care refers to the process of treating and managing various types of wounds to promote healing, prevent infection, and minimize complications. It involves various techniques and interventions aimed at creating an optimal environment for the wound to heal. It helps to remove debris, dead tissue, and bacteria from the wound, which can inhibit the healing process. It promotes new tissue growth, accelerates healing, and reduces the risk of complications.
Global Wound Care Market Trends:
There is a surge in the prevalence of pressure ulcers due to skin fragility, thinning of the cell layers, and decreasing cell growth. This, coupled with the increasing occurrence of diabetic foot ulcers, especially among the geriatric population, which is more susceptible to severe medical disorders, represents one of the major factors driving the demand for wound care around the world. Moreover, the rising number of surgical procedures and the growing concerns about post-operative surgical wounds are catalyzing the need for wound care like moist wound dressing to control infections and enable faster healing. In addition, the growing adoption of home healthcare facilities and significant improvements in the healthcare infrastructure is influencing the market positively. Apart from this, the advent of smart dressings that can monitor healing and alert healthcare providers to any complications is impelling the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 28.34 Billion by 2028, expanding at a CAGR of 5.01% during 2023-2028.
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into advance wound care products (foam dressing, hydrocolloid dressing, film dressing, alginate dressing, hydrogel dressing, collagen dressing, and others); surgical wound care products (sutures, staplers, tissue adhesive, sealants and hemostats, and anti-effective dressing); traditional wound care products (medical tapes and cleansing agent); active wound care products (biological skin substitutes and topical agents); and wound therapy devices products (negative pressure wound therapy, oxygen and hyperbaric oxygen equipment, electric stimulation devices, pressure relief devices, wound assessment and monitoring devices, and others).
- On the basis of the wound type, chronic wounds (diabetic ulcers, pressure ulcers, venous leg ulcers, and others) hold the largest market share, followed by acute wounds (surgical traumatic wounds and burns).
- Based on the end user, the market has been divided into hospitals and clinics, long-term care facilities, home care setting, and others. Hospitals and clinics currently dominate the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segregated into North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, North America enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined, with some of the key players being Baxter International Inc., B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft, Cardinal Health, Inc., Coloplast A/S, ConvaTec Group PLC, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Public Limited Company, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Paul Hartmann AG, Smith & Nephew PLC, and 3M Company.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|Product Types Covered
||Advance Wound Care Products- Foam Dressing, Hydrocolloid Dressing, Film Dressing, Alginate Dressing, Hydrogel Dressing, Collagen Dressing, Others
Surgical Wound Care Products- Sutures, Staplers, Tissue Adhesive, Sealants & Hemostats, Anti-effective Dressing
Traditional Wound Care Products- Medical Tapes, Cleasning Agent
Active Wound Care Products- Biological Skin Substitutes, Topical Agents
Wound Therapy Devices Products- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy, Oxygen and Hyperbaric Oxygen Equipment, Electric Stimulation Devices, Pressure Relief Devices, Wound Assessment & Monitoring Devices, Others
|Wound Types Covered
||Chronic Wounds- Diabetics Ulcers, Pressure Ulcers, Venous Leg Ulcers, Others
Acute Wounds- Surgical Traumatic Wounds, Burns
|End Users Covered
||Hospitals & Clinics, Long-Term Care Facilites, Home Care Setting, Others
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Baxter International Inc., B. Braun Melsungen Aktiengesellschaft, Cardinal Health, Inc., Coloplast A/S, ConvaTec Group PLC, Johnson & Johnson, Medtronic Public Limited Company, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Paul Hartmann AG, Smith & Nephew PLC, 3M Company etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 5499
Five User License: US$ 6999
Corporate License: US$ 8499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
134 N 4th St.
Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800