The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “Zeolite Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027”, finds that the global zeolite market size reached 2.04 Million Tons in 2021. Zeolites are hydrated aluminosilicate minerals with a three-dimensional and open crystal structure made from oxygen, zinc and aluminum. They are mainly present in oceans as well as metamorphic rocks. Zeolites are either mined from volcanic rocks or can be synthesized industrially from aluminosilicate gels. They are known as molecular sieves as they are capable of ion exchange and reversible dehydration. Besides this, zeolites are stable solids that exhibit an optimum resistance against high temperature and pressure, and oxidation. They are also unaffected by various environmental conditions that can be harmful to other materials.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Global Zeolite Market Trends:
Zeolites are extensively used in a variety of applications due to their porous structure and advantageous properties. They are increasingly being utilized in refrigeration absorbents on account of their natural availability, and non-poisonous and non-flammable nature. Zeolites are also employed in the production of detergent as they assist in reducing the hardness of water rich in magnesium and calcium, thereby assisting in the cleaning action of detergents. On the other hand, they help clean commercial and nuclear wastes containing heavy metals and radioactive isotopes, respectively. Moreover, recyclability, the ease of use and the low cost of zeolites have facilitated their utilization as catalysts in the petrochemical industry. Furthermore, the usage of zeolites has escalated as an eco-friendly alternative to sodium tripolyphosphates, which governments of various nations restrict as they decline the quality of water. With the rising environmental concerns, they are also replacing environmentally harmful materials used in various processes with zeolite for its antimicrobial nature. This, in turn, is also acting as a major growth-inducing factor. Looking forward, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 2.58% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into the natural and synthetic zeolite. Natural zeolite currently holds the majority of the market share as it has a high silica content required for maintaining the structure together.
- On the basis of the application, construction materials account for the majority of the market share on account of the rising housing and infrastructure activities across the globe. Other major application segments are detergents, animal feed, catalysts, adsorbents, and soil remediation.
- Region-wise, Asia Pacific holds the leading position in the market. It is followed by Europe, North America, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America.
- On assessing the import and export scenario of the market, it has been found that Germany and the Netherlands are the biggest importer and exporter of zeolites, respectively.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Arkema S.A., BASF SA, Honeywell International Inc., Tosoh Corporation and Zeochem AG.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal