Glue-laminated timber, or glulam is a type of engineered wood product which is made by bonding together several individual pieces of timber with durable, moisture-resistant structural adhesives. Glue-laminated timber offers high resistance and stiffness in corrosive and exposed environments, along with offering thermal insulation. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, “Glue-Laminated Timber Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, finds that the glue-laminated timber market reached a value of US$ 3.4 Billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of 4.7% during 2010-2017.
The market for glue-laminated timber is being escalated by its expanding applications across several industries. Glue-laminated timber is a widely available and sustainable material which offers flexibility of shape and size. As a result of this, it finds applications in various areas such as household framing, industrial construction, architecture, etc. Owing to these factors, the market is further expected to reach a value of US$ 4.1 Billion by 2023.
On the basis of end-use the market is segmented into floor beam, window and door header, commercial, roof beam, etc. The floor beam segment is the largest consumer for glue-laminated timber, accounting for more than a third of the total global shares. The report has conducted an evaluation of the market on the basis of key regions and finds that Europe is the largest market for glulam. Some of the other major regions are Asia-Pacific, North America, Latin America and Middle East and Africa. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of competitive landscape and has provided the details of the key players. Some of the major players are Structural Wood Systems, Eco Curves, Forest Timber Engineering Ltd., Boise Cascade, etc.
This report provides a deep insight into the global glue-laminated timber industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a glue-laminated timber manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the glue-laminated timber industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the glue-laminated timber industry?
- How has the glue-laminated timber market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the glue-laminated timber industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of glue-laminated timber products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for a glue-laminated timber plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?