According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Fruit Juice Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the GCC fruit juice market reached a value of US$ 2,150 Million in 2017. As the GCC region has witnessed strong economic growth in the past few decades, the per capita spending on food and beverages has also increased at a faster pace. Moreover, on account of increasing health awareness, the consumers are now shifting from carbonated drinks towards healthier alternatives, such as non-carbonated and natural fruit beverages. Additionally, the introduction of value-added products is gradually increasing the demand for fruit juice in the region.
A rise in the prevalence of lifestyle ailments such as obesity, diabetes and heart diseases in the region has proliferated the demand for natural and healthier beverages, such as 100% fruit juices. Moreover, the governments of several countries in the GCC region are undertaking initiatives and altering existing policies to promote the consumption of healthier food products. For instance, the Government of Saudi Arabia has levied a 50% tax on carbonated soft drinks and 100% tax on energy drinks. This is expected to attract a larger consumer-base and create a positive outlook for the fruit juice market in the GCC region. Some of the other factors which are catalyzing the market growth include elevating income levels, rapidly growing population, changing lifestyles and increasing working population. Looking forward, the market value is projected to exceed US$ 3,030 Million by 2023, expanding at a CAGR of nearly 6% during 2018-2023.
- Based on product type, the market has been segregated into juice drinks, 100% fruit juices, concentrates, nectars, powdered juices and others. At present, juice drinks dominate the market, holding the largest share.
- On the basis of flavors, the market has been classified as orange, mango, mix fruit, apple and others. Currently, orange represents the most popular fruit juice flavor in the GCC region. Orange juice increases immunity, detoxifies the body, lowers cholesterol levels, and reduces inflammation and signs of aging.
- Based on packaging types, tetra pack accounts for the majority of the market share. This can be accredited to the lightweight, convenient and environment-friendly nature of tetra pack packaging. Other packaging types include bottles and cans.
- The market has also been divided on the basis of distribution channels which include supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty food stores, online and others. Amongst these, supermarkets and hypermarkets are the leading distribution channels as they run regular promotional campaigns and offer huge discounts to the customers.
- Country-wise, the market has been segmented into Saudi Arabia, UAE, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain. Amongst these, Saudi Arabia is the biggest market, holding the dominant market share.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been examined with some of the key players being Almarai, Al Rabie, Jumbo, Caser, Arrow Juice, Union Beverages Factory, Barakat Quality Plus and Del Monte Quality.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331