According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “GCC Fruit Juice Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the GCC fruit juice market size reached US$ 2.5 Billion in 2019. Fruit juice is a non-fermented beverage that is extracted by mechanically squeezing or macerating fruits. Different types of fruit juices are associated with varied health benefits. For instance, lemon juice assists in fighting viral infections; papaya juice improves digestion; pineapple juice reduces cholesterol levels; avocado juice boosts natural energy in the body and watermelon juice keeps the body hydrated and improves metabolism. Owing to these benefits, there is a rise in the demand for fruit juices in the GCC region.
GCC Fruit Juice Market Trends:
According to the global fruit juice market report, the GCC region represents one of the fastest growing markets for fruit juices. This can be accredited to the increasing health consciousness among individuals, which has resulted in the shifting preferences towards natural and healthier beverages, such as 100% fruit juices. Moreover, altering lifestyles, changing eating patterns of individuals and the prevalence of lifestyle diseases, such as obesity, diabetes and heart diseases, have resulted in the increasing consumption of healthy, affordable and quick sources of nutrition like packaged fruit juices, which in turn is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, governments of countries in the GCC region are changing existing policies to encourage the consumption of healthier food products. For instance, the Government of Saudi Arabia has levied a 50% tax on carbonated soft drinks for promoting healthy eating habits. On account of these factors, the market value is projected to reach US$ 3.5 Billion by 2025, expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into juice drinks, 100% fruit juice, concentrates, nectars, powdered juice and others. At present, juice drinks represent the most widely consumed product type.
- On the basis of the flavor, the market has been segregated into orange, mango, mix fruit, apple and others. Orange juice currently exhibits a clear dominance in the market, owing to the associated health benefits, which include minimizing inflammation, boosting immunity, lowering cholesterol levels and detoxifying the body.
- The market has been classified on the basis of the packaging type into tetra packs, bottles, cans and others. Tetra packs hold the largest market share owing to their environment-friendly nature.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty food stores, online stores, and others.
- Country-wise, Saudi Arabia represents the largest market. Other regions include the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar and Bahrain.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Phone No: (D) +91 120 433 0800 | www.imarcgroup.com
Americas :- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331