According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Qatar Greenhouse Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the Qatar greenhouse market size reached US$ 137.2 Million in 2021. Greenhouses are outdoor high-tech structures that are widely utilized to grow plants in a highly controlled environment. They are built with glass and plastic roofs and walls that enable sunlight to pass through to facilitate the process of photosynthesis. These structures are equipped with advanced technologies to efficiently control various environmental factors, such as temperature, humidity, ventilation, irrigation, light exposure and fertilization. This aids in stabilizing the environment for the cultivation of various crops, particularly fruits, flowers and vegetables, with improved plant health.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Qatar Greenhouse Market Trends:
The market in Qatar is primarily driven by the higher crop yield rate related with the utilization of greenhouses. These structures ensure efficient growth of plants in spite of climatic and topographical challenges, unlike traditional farming techniques. Due to the presence of high temperatures across the country throughout the years, this is creating a positive outlook for the market. Along with this, continual technological advancements have led to the widespread integration of advanced technologies with greenhouses to increase the shelf life of the crops. Numerous key players are employing advanced cooling technology for vegetable production, which is expected to boost the crop yield significantly. The advent of hydroponic greenhouses in the country is also expected to create numerous growth opportunities for key players. Moreover, there has been a considerable rise in the demand for locally-sourced fresh fruits and vegetables across the country. Coupled with the inflating disposable income levels of the masses and the increasing preference for fresh and organic food products, this is acting as a major growth-inducing factor. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.46% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into free-standing and gutter-connected greenhouses. Amongst these, gutter-connected greenhouse represents the leading type.
- On the basis of the material used, the market has been divided into plastic greenhouse (polyethylene, polycarbonate, and polymethyl methacrylate) and glass greenhouse (horticulture glass and others greenhouse glass). At present, plastic greenhouse exhibits a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the technology, the market has been classified into heating system, cooling system and others. Currently, cooling systems account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the crop type, the market has been segmented into fruits and vegetables, flowers and ornamentals, nursery crops, and others. Among these, fruits and vegetables gold the leading market segment.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players. Some of these players include Pergola Contracting & Green Houses, Naas Group, Qatari Agricultural Development Company (AGRICO), Horizon Doha and Al Dafna Greenhouse.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal