According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Hand Sanitizer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026,” the India hand sanitizer market size US$ 123.5 Million in 2020. A hand sanitizer is a disinfecting solution that is applied to the hands to remove infectious agents or pathogens. It comprises alcohol, water, polyacrylates, emollients, artificial and natural colors, and fragrances. It assists in reducing irritation on the skin and sanitizing the hands in less time as compared to conventional methods like hand washing. As a result, it finds application in healthcare facilities, educational institutes, public places, and households across India.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Hand Sanitizer Market Trends:
The outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and subsequent lockdowns imposed by the Government of India have resulted in the increasing need for self-preservation methods to prevent the spread of the infection. As a result, there is a considerable surge in the use of hand sanitizers in the country. Apart from this, hand sanitizers are utilized in hospitals and healthcare facilities to prevent the transmission of hospital-acquired infections (HAIs). This, along with the introduction of perfumed hand-sanitizers infused with fruits and floral fragrances, such as green apple, rose, orange, peach and sandal, is positively influencing the product sales in India. The leading players are also focusing on introducing sanitizers with natural and organic ingredients to expand their consumer base. Furthermore, the rapid expansion of online retail channels and social media platforms is anticipated to fuel the market growth in the country. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to expand at a CAGR of 13% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into alcohol-based and non-alcoholic hand sanitizer.
- On the basis of the ingredient, the market has been divided into natural, organic, and synthetic.
- Based on the product form, the market has been categorized into gel, liquid, foam, spray, and others. At present, gel hand sanitizers account for the majority of the total market share.
- On the basis of the pack size, the market has been segmented into small, medium, and large.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into pharmacies, supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, online, and others. Presently, pharmacies hold the largest market share.
- On the basis of the end use, the market has been classified into hospitals, households, restaurants and hotels, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into West, South, North, and East India. Amongst these, West India enjoys the leading position in the market.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being ITC Limited, Dabur India Limited, Hindustan Unilever Limited, The Himalaya Drug Company, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Godrej Consumer Products Limited, Strategi Herbals Pvt., Ltd., Zoic Pharmaceuticals Pct., Ltd., Cossmic Product Pvt., Ltd., and Zodhita Health Solutions Pvt., Ltd.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal