According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "North America Hand Sanitizer Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026," the North America hand sanitizer market exhibited strong growth during 2015-2020. Hand sanitizers are sanitizing agents that comprise numerous active and inactive ingredients to effectively kill infectious agents or pathogens that are transmitted via hands. They include ethanol, ethyl alcohol, thickening agents, humectants, fragrances and isopropyl alcohol in their formulations that aid in disinfecting hands from common pathogens. These agents are extremely convenient to use while being gentle on the skin, due to which they are widely preferred as efficient alternatives to soaps and other cleaning agents. These products also assist in retaining the moisture in the hands by not removing natural oils from the skin upon repetitive use. As a result, they are widely utilized as an essential commodity across households, educational institutes, healthcare facilities, eateries and public places.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
North America Hand Sanitizer Market Trends:
The market in North America is majorly driven by the rising demand for hygiene products across the region. The growing awareness regarding the importance of maintaining hand hygiene as an effective measure to combat the spread of infectious diseases has led to the increasing uptake of sanitizers in North America. Additionally, the rapid outbreak of COVID-19 across the region has led to the escalating adoption of hand sanitizers among the masses as a measure to prevent the further transmission of the coronavirus. Coupled with the growing consumer awareness toward maintaining good personal hygiene, this is creating a positive outlook for the market. The market is further driven by the introduction of multiple fragrant and perfumed sanitizers that are formulated using natural and eco-friendly ingredients, which are gaining widespread prominence among the masses. Some of the other factors contributing to the market growth include the increasing product sales through online and offline organized retail and the rising number of promotional campaigns to spread awareness regarding hand hygiene among the masses. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.1% during 2021-2026.
- On the basis of the type, the market has been bifurcated into alcohol-based and non-alcoholic.
- Based on the ingredient, the market has been classified into natural, organic and synthetic.
- Based on the product form, the market has been divided into gels, liquid, foam, spray and others.
- On the basis of the pack size, the market has been categorized into small, medium and large.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into pharmacies, supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, online, and others.
- On the basis of the end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, households, restaurants and hotels, and others.
- On the geographical front, the market has been segregated into United States and Canada.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market. Some of these players include Ecolab, Gojo Industries, Inc, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Procter & Gamble Company, S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc, Edgewell Personal Care LLC, Unilever US, Inc, and Vi-Jon Group.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal