The global hard services facility management market size reached US$ 651.46 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 841.2 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.30% during 2023-2028. The extensive focus on core competence and operational efficiency, the implementation of stringent regulatory compliance requirements, and the expansion of commercial real estate represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Hard services facility management includes structural tasks that are essential for a building’s or facility’s proper functioning, safety, and maintenance. These services typically involve installing, operating, and maintaining mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems, as well as managing other infrastructure elements. They ensure a comfortable and safe environment for occupants, regulate temperature and airflow, and provide adequate water supply and drainage. Hard services facility management is typically outsourced to specialized contractors or managed internally by a dedicated team. Proper planning, preventive maintenance, regular inspections, and adherence to safety regulations contribute to the overall functionality, aesthetics, and sustainability of a facility, providing a conducive environment for occupants and maximizing the value of the property.
Hard Services Facility Management Market Trends:
With a rising number of organizations looking for ways to optimize costs and improve operational efficiency, there is a growing demand for facility management services to handle their hard services, which is primarily driving the market growth. Besides this, ongoing advancements in building systems and technologies have increased their complexity, necessitating specialized expertise for their management and maintenance. Consequently, an increasing number of organizations are outsourcing their facility management functions to specialized service providers, which, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the implementation of numerous stringent regulations related to building codes, safety, environmental standards, and energy efficiency by governing authorities is contributing to the market growth. Concurrent with this, extensive emphasis on sustainability and energy efficiency in buildings is impelling the demand for facility management services that can optimize energy usage, implement green practices, and maintain eco-friendly systems, further strengthening the market growth. In addition to this, the significant expansion of the commercial real estate sector, including office buildings, retail spaces, and industrial facilities, is acting as another growth-inducing factor. In line with this, the emerging trends of flexible workspaces, co-working facilities, and remote work arrangements requiring efficient facility management services to adapt to changing space requirements and tenant demands are propelling the market forward. Furthermore, the incorporation of innovative technologies, such as computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS), the Internet of Things (IoT) devices, and smart building solutions, into facility management processes is presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global hard services facility management market, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on service type and industry vertical.
Service Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hard services facility management market based on the service type. This includes outsourced and in-house. According to the report, outsourced represented the largest segment.
Industry Vertical Insights:
- Military and Defense
- Real Estate
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hard services facility management market based on the industry vertical has also been provided in the report. This includes healthcare, government, education, military and defense, real estate, and others. According to the report, education accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Asia Pacific was the largest market for hard services facility management. Some of the factors driving the Asia Pacific hard services facility management market included the implementation of numerous regulatory compliance requirements, the increasing emphasis on operational efficiency, and growing trends of flexible work environments and spaces.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global hard services facility management market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include ABM Industries Inc, AMEC, Aramark, CBRE Group Inc., Cushman & Wakefield plc, EMCOR Group Inc, Johnson Controls International, Knight Facilities Management, Mitie Group plc, Sodexo, and Tenon Group. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Service Type
- Industry Vertical
|Service Types Covered
| Industry Verticals Covered
||Healthcare, Government, Education, Military and Defense, Real Estate, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||ABM Industries Inc, AMEC, Aramark, CBRE Group Inc., Cushman & Wakefield plc, EMCOR Group Inc, Johnson Controls International, Knight Facilities Management, Mitie Group plc, Sodexo,Tenon Group
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global hard services facility management market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global hard services facility management market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global hard services facility management market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive hard services facility management market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the service type?
- Which is the most attractive service type in the hard services facility management market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the industry vertical?
- Which is the most attractive industry vertical in the hard services facility management market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global hard services facility management market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global hard services facility management market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the hard services facility management market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global hard services facility management market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the hard services facility management industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.