The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “North America Healthcare Packaging Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity, and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the North America healthcare packaging market size reached US$ 48.0 Billion in 2022. Healthcare packaging is used to protect medical devices and pharmaceutical products. It comprises blister packaging, individual wrap packages, multi-compartmental trays, water-soluble packaging, pouches, and cartons. It relies on medical polymer films, which are an essential component in packaging, to prevent contaminants and maintain the integrity of different products. Healthcare packaging controls the flow of air and protects against light, moisture, and other gases. It also aids in maintaining the highest medical guidelines and standards of products as it uses unique specifications and sterilization before packaging.
North America Healthcare Packaging Market Trends:
Due to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases, such as cancer, heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and arthritis, there is a rise in the demand for medical devices across the region. This, along with the expanding healthcare industry, represents one of the key factors driving the market. Moreover, there is an increase in the utilization of disposable medical products, such as scalpels, thermometers, syringes, needles, pre-filled syringes, and trays, in the healthcare industry. This, coupled with several benefits offered by disposable medical products like reduction in risk of cross-contamination, safety, sterility, and convenience of usage, is strengthening the growth of the market. In addition, key market players are extensively investing in research and development (R&D) activities to introduce Activ-Blister desiccant film technology, childproof and senior citizen-friendly packaging, and counterfeiting technologies that protect the packed products and prevent counterfeiting. This, in turn, is bolstering the growth of the market. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 68.9 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
North America Pharmaceutical Packaging Market:
- Based on the product, the market has been classified into plastic bottles, caps and closures, blister packs, pre-fillable syringes, parenteral containers, pre-fillable inhalers, pouches, medication tubes, and others.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been bifurcated into plastics and polymers, paper and paperboard, glass, aluminum foil, and others.
- Based on the packaging type, the market has been segmented into primary packaging and secondary packaging.
- On the basis of drug delivery mode, the market has been categorized into oral, injectable, dermal/topical, inhalable, and others.
North America Medical Device Packaging Market:
- Based on the product type, the market has been classified into trays, pouches, clamshell packs, and others.
- On the basis of the material, the market has been bifurcated into plastic, paper, aluminum, Tyvek, and others.
- Based on the application, the market has been segmented into sterile and non-sterile packaging.
North America Healthcare Packaging Market:
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report, along with the detailed profiles of the major players operating in the industry.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product, Material, Packaging, Drug Delivery Mode, Application, Country
||United States, Canada, Mexico
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800