The global hummus market size reached US$ 4.1 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 8.3 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.22% during 2024-2032. The rising prevalence of various diseases, increasing number of health-conscious consumers, and the growing demand for plant-based proteins represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2023
||US$ 4.1 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2032
||US$ 8.3 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2024-2032)
Hummus is a blend of smooth and creamy puree of cooked chickpeas, tahini sesame paste, and lemon juice. It is a rich source of plant-based protein that provides iron, folate, phosphorus, and vitamin B for enhanced optimal growth, recovery, and immune function. It also contains the antioxidant oleocanthal that helps combat chronic inflammation and reduce markers of inflammation in the body, such as IL-6 and C-reactive protein (CRP). It assists in improving digestive health by offering dietary fiber and facilitates the growth of beneficial bacteria, such as bifidobacteria, while suppressing the growth of harmful bacteria in the body. It helps nourish the colon cells by lowering the risk of colon cancer and preventing the risk of arthritis. As it offers a low glycemic index (GI) that aids in controlling sugar levels in the blood, the demand for hummus is rising across the globe.
Hummus Market Trends:
At present, the increasing prevalence of various diseases, such as strokes, ischemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and diabetes mellitus, represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. In addition, there is a rise in the number of health-conscious consumers around the world. This, along with the growing awareness among the masses about the benefits of consuming hummus, is offering a favorable market outlook. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for hummus as a substitute for creamy salad dressings, mayonnaise, sour cream, ranch, and other condiments. This, coupled with the wide availability of hummus through online and offline distribution channels, is providing lucrative growth opportunities to industry investors. Moreover, the rising consumption of hummus to reduce the risk of heart disease as it contains chickpeas and olive oil is propelling the growth of the market. Apart from this, the growing demand for plant-based proteins due to the increasing adoption of veganism, along with inflating income levels of individuals, is positively influencing the market. Additionally, key manufacturers are introducing dips with healthy ingredients, such as lime, turmeric, blueberry, and lavender, which is strengthening the growth of the market. Furthermore, various benefits offered by hummus, such as weight loss, improved blood sugar control, and anti-inflammatory tendencies, are bolstering the growth of the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global hummus market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2024-2032. Our report has categorized the market based on the type, packaging type, and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hummus market based on the type. This includes classic, lentil, edamame, garlic, black, white, and others. According to the report, classic represented the largest segment.
Packaging Type Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hummus market based on the packaging type has also been provided in the report. This includes tubs/cups, jars/bottles, and others. According to the report, tubs/cups accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Convenience Stores
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hummus market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online stores, and others. According to the report, supermarkets and hypermarkets accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for hummus. Some of the factors driving the North America hummus market included the growing production and consumption of dips and spreads, rising adoption of veganism, increasing awareness among the masses about the benefits of hummus, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global hummus market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Athenos, Bakkavor Group, Boar's Head Provision Co. Inc., Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods Inc., Haliburton International Foods, Inc., Hope Foods, LLC (Savencia Fromage & Dairy), Hummus Goodness, Lantana Foods, Sabra Dipping Company, LLC, Sevan AB, Strauss Group Ltd., T. Marzetti Company (Lancaster Colony Corporation), Tribe Hummus, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Hummus Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Packaging Type
- Distribution Channe
||Classic, Lentil, Edamame, Garlic, Black, White, Others
|Packaging Types Covered
||Tubs/Cups, Jars/Bottles, Others
|Distribution Channes Covered
||Convenience Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Online Stores, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Athenos, Bakkavor Group, Boar's Head Provision Co. Inc., Cedar’s Mediterranean Foods Inc., Haliburton International Foods, Inc., Hope Foods, LLC (Savencia Fromage & Dairy), Hummus Goodness, Lantana Foods, Sabra Dipping Company, LLC, Sevan AB, Strauss Group Ltd., T. Marzetti Company (Lancaster Colony Corporation), Tribe Hummus, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global hummus market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global hummus market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global hummus market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive hummus market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the type?
- Which is the most attractive type in the hummus market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the packaging type?
- Which is the most attractive packaging type in the hummus market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the hummus market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global hummus market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global hummus market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the hummus market from 2018-2032.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global hummus market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the hummus industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.