The global hydrazine hydrate market size reached US$ 523.7 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 720.36 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.37% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for polymer foams to manufacture shoes, increasing concerns about wastewater management, and rising employment as an oxygen scavenger in ultra-high pressure industrial sites are some of the major factors propelling the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 523.7 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 720.36 Million
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Hydrazine hydrate is a colorless liquid base made by the reaction of sodium hypochlorite and ammonia or urea. It is flammable, colorless, and fuming in nature with a faint ammonia-like odor. It is manufactured by the Rasching, ketazine, and peroxide process. It is often mixed with methanol to produce rocket engine propulsion. It is used as a reducing agent and solvent for organic materials and employed to manufacture Helman catalysts. It is also utilized for producing medications for sickle cell disease and cancer.
At present, the increasing demand for hydrazine hydrate to manufacture foamed core pipes, which are used for drainage purposes, represents one of the primary factors impelling the market growth. Besides this, the rising utilization of plastic containers for storing consumable items and packing various dry food products to protect them from getting contaminated is contributing to the growth of the market. In addition, the growing adoption of hydrazine hydrate as a laboratory reagent in fine chemicals and a reducing agent in the purification process of metals is offering a favorable market outlook. Apart from this, the increasing utilization of fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides, and various other agrochemical products for improving crop quality is supporting the growth of the market. Additionally, the rising employment of hydrazine hydrate as an oxygen scavenger in ultra-high-pressure industrial sites is bolstering the growth of the market.
Hydrazine Hydrate Market Trends/Drivers:
Rising demand for polymer foams stimulating market growth
Polymer foam is a two-phase system that contains statistically distributed gas bubbles in a polymer matrix. It is manufactured by various foaming techniques, including extrusion, injection molding, compression molding, and reaction injection molding. It relies on a foaming agent, such as hydrazine hydrate, which decomposes in a polymer melt during processing and releases gas. It is used to manufacture products that possess numerous advantageous properties, including low density, efficient heat and sound insulation, and enhanced energy absorption. It is also employed for making foamed vehicle cover parts which are essential for maintaining the safety of passengers. It is utilized for making composite fabrics, shoes, clothing materials, car cushions, and sports equipment.
Increasing traction of fuel cells catalyzing demand for hydrazine hydrate
Fuel cells are electrochemical cells that generate electrical energy from fuel through an electrochemical reaction. They comprise two electrodes consisting of a negative (anode) and a positive (cathode) electrode sandwiched around an electrolyte. They also include hydrazine hydrate, which acts as a substitute for hydrogen and oxygen and uses acidic electrolyte membranes imparting high corrosion resistance. They rely on the technology that fixes the hydrazine hydrate within the fuel tank through the use of a polymer, minimizing the adverse impacts that any dispersed fuel can have on the environment when the fuel tank is damaged.
They function like batteries but do not experience downtime or require recharging.
Rising concerns about wastewater management augmenting market growth
Wastewater management refers to an important approach of protecting water resources and involves the collection, treatment, and reuse of wastewater. It relies on hydrazine hydrate to remove contaminants and heavy metals from wastewater before releasing them into the environment for the preservation of natural resources. It is an essential step adopted by industries and governing authorities of various countries for preserving marine life and treating wastewater generated by industries, production plants, and from the residential sector. It also prevents harmful chemicals, metals, oxides, corrosive elements, and waste materials from hampering the condition of marine life, degrading coral reefs, and damaging the quality of water.
Hydrazine Hydrate Industry Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global hydrazine hydrate market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on concentration level and application.
Breakup by Concentration Level:
- 24% - 35%
- 40% - 50%
- 60% - 85%
60%-85% exhibits a clear dominance in the market
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the hydrazine hydrate market based on the concentration level. This includes 24%-35%, 40%-50%, 60%-85%, and 100%. According to the report, 60%-85% represented the largest segment. 60%-85% hydrazine hydrate is widely utilized in the manufacturing of veterinary drugs, synthesizing various chemicals, and polymerization processes as an initiator or blowing agent. It is also employed as a propellant in emergency power units (EPU) in various single-unit aircraft and F16 fighter jets. It is mixed with methanol to produce propellant for rocket engines.
24%-35% hydrazine hydrate is utilized as a reducing component in chemical synthesis and for the preparation of nickel nanoparticles via in-situ reduction of NiCl2 salt.
100% hydrazine hydrate is used in cyclization reactions and nanocrystal semiconductors. It is also used for producing various hydrazine hydrate dilutions and derivatives. It is employed as a reducing agent in the pharma industry and in the production of various chemicals. It is also used as fuel in hypergolic bipropellant combinations.
Breakup by Application:
- Polymerization and Blowing Agents
- Water Treatment
Polymerization and blowing agents hold the largest share of the hydrazine hydrate market
A detailed breakup and analysis of the hydrazine hydrate market based on the application have also been provided in the report. This includes polymerization and blowing agents, water treatment, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and others. According to the report, polymerization and blowing agents accounted for the largest market share. Hydrazine hydrate is primarily utilized as an intermediate in the production of blowing agents and a precursor to polymerization catalysts. It produces various derivatives, including azobisisobutyronitrile and azodicarbonamide, which are employed as radical initiators and foamers in plastics and rubber.
Hydrazine hydrate is used as an oxygen scavenger in high-pressure and low-pressure boilers. It removes trace amounts of dissolved oxygen from the boiler system as it causes corrosion of the boiler tube wall.
Breakup by Region:
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Asia Pacific exhibits a clear dominance, accounting for the largest hydrazine hydrate market share
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa.
Asia Pacific held the biggest market share since the region has a developed industrial infrastructure. Besides this, the growing utilization of various agrochemical products for farming purposes and boosting the growth of crops, along with rising investments by the governing agencies in manufacturing various novel drugs and therapeutics, is propelling the growth of the market. In addition, the increasing demand for clean water in the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors is further bolstering the hydrazine hydrate market in the region.
North America is estimated to expand further in this domain due to the rising initiatives undertaken conduct effective wastewater management and the increasing production of polymers.
Key players are experiencing a rise in demand for hydrazine hydrate due to the increasing production of agrochemical and pharmaceutical products. They are also adopting several innovative and efficient methods of production for hydrazine hydrate, such as the ketazine method. Top companies are focusing on reducing their carbon footprint by adopting sustainable manufacturing methods and investing in managing the wastewater generated from hydrazine hydrate production. Leading manufacturers are collaborating with pharmaceutical companies to accelerate their sales and provide raw materials directly to the organizations without the involvement of any middleman. They are also focusing on collaborations and partnerships with other firms to enhance their production capabilities to meet future demands.
The report has provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global hydrazine hydrate market. Detailed profiles of all major companies have also been provided. Some of the key players in the global hydrazine hydrate market include:
- Arkema S.A.
- Arrow Fine Chemicals
- Chemtex Speciality Limited
- Hunan Zhuzhou Chemical Industry Group Xiangyu Refining Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Japan Finechem Company Inc. (Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.)
- KOC Co. Ltd. (Otsuka-MGC Chemical Company Inc.)
- Lanxess AG
- Nippon Carbide Industries Co. Inc.
- Palm Commodities International LLC (Umicore N.V.)
- Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp.
- Toronto Research Chemicals Inc. (LGC Ltd)
- Weifang Yaxing Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Yibin Tianyuan Group Co. Ltd.
- In May 2023, Arkema S.A. announced the release of a full range of specialty materials and more sustainable solutions for both inside and outside of electric vehicle (EV) and energy storage system (ESS) batteries.
- In May 2022, Lanxess AG and Advent International signed an agreement to acquire DSM Engineering Materials (DEM) business from Dutch group Royal DSM.
- In February 2023, Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp announced the expansion of bioCERTIFIED products portfolio with the addition of numerous new raw materials to fulfill the growing demand for biologics.
Hydrazine Hydrate Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Concentration Level
|Concentration Levels Covered
||24% - 35%, 40% - 50%, 60% - 85%, 100%
||Polymerization and Blowing Agents, Water Treatment, Pharmaceuticals, Agrochemicals, Others
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Arkema S.A., Arrow Fine Chemicals, Chemtex Speciality Limited, Hunan Zhuzhou Chemical Industry Group Xiangyu Refining Chemical Co. Ltd., Japan Finechem Company Inc. (Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company Inc.), KOC Co. Ltd. (Otsuka-MGC Chemical Company Inc.), Lanxess AG, Nippon Carbide Industries Co. Inc., Palm Commodities International LLC (Umicore N.V.), Spectrum Chemical Mfg. Corp., Toronto Research Chemicals Inc. (LGC Ltd)., Weifang Yaxing Chemical Co. Ltd., Yibin Tianyuan Group Co. Ltd., etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global hydrazine hydrate market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global hydrazine hydrate market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global hydrazine hydrate market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive hydrazine hydrate market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the concentration level?
- Which is the most attractive concentration level in the hydrazine hydrate market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the hydrazine hydrate market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global hydrazine hydrate market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global hydrazine hydrate market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the hydrazine hydrate market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global hydrazine hydrate market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the hydrazine hydrate industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.