According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled " Ice Cream Market in India: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the ice cream market in India reached a value of INR 165.2 Billion in 2021. Ice cream is a sweetened frozen food that is generally prepared from a combination of cream, milk, sugar and artificial or natural flavorings. Certain product variants, such as French and custard ice creams, also contain eggs as their key ingredients. Along with this, it also comprises milk proteins, plant-based gums and gluten that helps in improving the texture and consistency of the ice cream. It is usually characterized by a creamy and soft texture and is widely consumed as a dessert or snack by the masses. In India, due to the easy product availability through online and offline organized retail channels, it is gaining widespread prominence among individuals.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Ice Cream market in India Trends:
The ice cream market in India is primarily driven by the changing dietary patterns of the masses. This is supported by the shifting lifestyle preferences and inflating disposable income levels of individuals. Apart from this, numerous players are heavily investing in product innovations, such as the launch of preservative-free, dairy-free and genetically modified organism (GMO)-free ice creams, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Also, rising investments by key players in promotional campaigns, robust marketing strategies and celebrity endorsements are favorably impacting the market growth in India. Furthermore, significant expansion in the food and beverages sector and the advent of online food delivery models are acting as major growth-inducing factors. Other factors, including various technological advancements in the production process, increasing popularity of exotic ice cream flavors and the availability of a diversified product range, are further contributing to the market growth across India. On account of the aforementioned factors, the market is anticipated to reach a value of INR 436.2 Billion by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 17.69% during 2022-2027.
- Based on the type, the market has been segmented into impulse, take-home and artisanal ice creams.
- On the basis of the flavor, the market has been segregated into chocolate, fruit, vanilla and others.
- Based on the format, the market has been categorized into cup, stick, cone, brick and others.
- On the basis of end-user, the market has been bifurcated into retail and institutional.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been classified into general trade, supermarkets/hypermarkets, ice cream parlors, convenience stores, online and others.
- On the basis of region, the market has been divided into Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal, Bihar, Delhi, Kerala, Punjab, Odisha and Haryana. Currently, Maharashtra holds the leading market position.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801 USA - Wyoming
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas: - +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe: - +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800