The India caustic potash market size reached 125,040.0 Tons in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach 157,304.9 Tons by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 3.5% during 2023-2028.
Caustic potash, or potassium hydroxide, refers to a strong alkaline chemical. It is manufactured by the electrolysis of brine prepared from potassium chloride and water. Caustic potash is highly reactive, corrosive and generates heat when dissolved in water or alcohol. In India, the demand for caustic potash has escalated as it finds extensive application for manufacturing phosphates, neutralization agents, batteries, and potassium chemicals such as acetates, cyanides, permanganate, and citrates.
The India caustic potash market is primarily driven by the growth of the construction industry due to a significant rise in population and rapid urbanization. Apart from this, as caustic potash is a versatile cleaning agent, it is also used in various household and personal care products like liquid soaps, lotions, shampoos, hairsprays, and denture cleaners. Besides this, the need to increase crop productivity on account of the expanding population and improving living standards represents another factor driving the demand for caustic potash-based fertilizers and herbicides. Furthermore, India is one of the largest consumers of caustic potash in the Asia Pacific region, which is significantly bolstering the market.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the India caustic potash market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on form, grade and end use.
Breakup by Form:
Breakup by Grade:
Breakup by End Use:
- Potassium Carbonate
- Potassium Phosphates
- Potassium Soaps and Detergents
- Liquid Fertilizers
- Agricultural Chemicals
Breakup by Region:
- North India
- West and Central India
- South India
- East India
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Form, Grade, End Use, Region
|| North India, West and Central India, South India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India caustic potash market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India caustic potash market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the form?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the grade?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the India caustic potash market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?