The India champagne market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.70% during 2023-2028. The increasing influence of western lifestyles and celebrations, rising disposable incomes and changing consumer preferences, flourishing social culture in India represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Champagne is a prestigious and globally renowned sparkling wine produced exclusively in the Champagne region of France. It is recognized for its exceptional quality, elegance, and celebratory character. The name "champagne" is legally protected and can only be used for wines produced in this specific region using strict production methods. Champagne is made using a traditional method known as the méthode champenoise or méthode traditionnelle. The process involves a second fermentation in the bottle, where a mixture of yeast and sugar is added to the base wine, resulting in the formation of carbon dioxide bubbles. This natural carbonation gives champagne its signature effervescence. The grapes used in champagne production are primarily Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier. Each grape variety brings its unique characteristics to the final blend, with Chardonnay adding elegance and finesse, and Pinot Noir and Pinot Meunier contributing structure, body, and fruitiness. Champagne is known for its diverse range of styles, including non-vintage (NV), vintage, and prestige cuvées. Non-vintage champagne is a blend of wines from different years, ensuring consistency and the house style. Vintage champagne is made from grapes harvested in a single exceptional year. Champagne is often associated with special occasions, celebrations, and luxury. It is enjoyed as an aperitif, paired with various foods, or savored on its own. At present, champagne is gaining immense traction as a celebration drink on special occasions like anniversaries, parties, weddings, sports events, and corporate events across India.
India Champagne Market Trends:
At present, the rising disposable incomes and changing consumer preferences represents one of the major factors positively influencing the champagne market in India. As the Indian middle class expands and expenditure capacities increase, there is a shift toward more premium and luxury products, including champagne, as a symbol of status and celebration. Moreover, the increasing urbanization, elevating living standards of individuals, and flourishing social culture in India are further propelling the market growth. Along with this, the growing adoption of Western lifestyles in urban areas with a growing young population has accelerated the uptake of champagne in social gatherings, parties, and weddings. Additionally, the rising influence of global trends, coupled with the desire to emulate international celebrations, has augmented the demand for champagne. Besides this, the increasing wine and alcohol consumption culture in India is another major growth-inducing factor. In addition, the escalating number of consumers seeking diverse and high-quality options owing to the heightening wine and alcohol consumption culture across the country, has led to the widespread adoption of champagne as a premium choice, thereby propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the rising number of wine-centric events, luxury hotels, and fine-dining establishments with champagne offerings is contributing to the market growth. Other factors, including the advent of canned champagne, growing consumer preference for purchasing unique and exotic flavored champagne through online retail channels, and emerging socialization trends, are also anticipated to drive the market further.
India Champagne Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India champagne market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, price, and distribution channel.
- Prestige Cuvée
- Blanc De Noirs
- Blanc De Blancs
- Rosé Champagne
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes prestige cuvée, blanc de noirs, blanc de blancs, rosé champagne, and others.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the price has also been provided in the report. This includes economy, mid-range, and luxury.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarket and Hypermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarket and hypermarket, specialty stores, and online stores.
- South India
- North India
- West & Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West & Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the India champagne market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Champagne Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Prestige Cuvée, Blanc De Noirs, Blanc De Blancs, Rosé Champagne, Others
||Economy, Mid-Range, Luxury
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Specialty Stores, Online Stores
||South India, East India, West and Central India, North India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India champagne market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India champagne market?
- What is the breakup of the India champagne market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the India champagne market on the basis of price?
- What is the breakup of the India champagne market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India champagne market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India champagne market?
- What is the structure of the India champagne market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India champagne market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India champagne market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India champagne market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India champagne industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.