The India handicrafts market size reached US$ 3,968.0 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 6,218.4 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 7.7% during 2023-2028.
Handicrafts refer to unique artifacts that are either handmade or made using simple tools instead of machines. They represent the traditional, cultural and artistic values of a place or nation. As they add aesthetic and decorative value, their demand is escalating across India.
Significant advancements in the accessibility of handicraft products on various online portals are strengthening the market growth in India. Besides this, handicrafts are gaining immense popularity due to the increasing travel and tourism in the country. Tourists spend a considerable amount on purchasing souvenirs and other craft items, thereby expanding the scope for local artisans and craftsmen to produce and sell efficient handicrafts. Moreover, the escalating demand for handmade décor accessories in homes, offices and restaurants, along with the increasing demand from the gifting industry, is propelling the market growth. Furthermore, the inflating disposable incomes and the increasing willingness among individuals to invest in vintage and high-quality handicraft products are impelling the market growth in the country.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the India handicrafts market report, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, distribution channel and end use.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Artmetal Ware
- Handprinted Textiles and Scarves
- Embroidered and Crocheted Goods
- Zari and Zari Goods
- Imitation Jewelry
- Pottery and Glass wares
- Attars and Agarbattis
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Mass Retailers
- Departmental Stores
- Independent Retailers
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
Breakup by End Use:
Breakup by Region:
- North India
- West and Central India
- South India
- East India
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Product Type, Distribution Channel, End Use, Region
||North India, East India, West and Central India, South India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India handicrafts market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India handicrafts market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the end use?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the India handicrafts market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?