The India meat market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.10% during 2023-2028. The changing dietary preferences, increasing awareness of nutritional benefits, escalating demand for convenience and processed meats, growing influence of international cuisines, infrastructure development, and several government initiatives represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Meat is a term used to describe the flesh of animals that is consumed as food by humans. It is a significant source of protein, essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in many diets around the world. The most commonly consumed types of meat include beef, pork, poultry (such as chicken and turkey), and lamb, although meat from other animals like fish and game is also consumed. Meat is typically obtained through the slaughtering and processing of animals raised for food purposes. After slaughtering animals for meat, they undergo processing stages to ensure safety and quality. This includes butchering, where the carcass is divided into various cuts, such as steaks or roasts. Marinating involves soaking the meat in a seasoned liquid to enhance its flavor and tenderness. Seasoning with herbs, spices, and marinades adds additional flavor. Cooking methods vary, including grilling, roasting, frying, stewing, and smoking, depending on the desired taste and texture. Meat can be enjoyed in numerous forms, such as steaks, roasts, chops, sausages, ground meat, and cured products like bacon and ham.
India Meat Market Trends:
India's large and growing population, coupled with rising disposable incomes and urbanization, has led to increased meat consumption. As people become more affluent, there is a shift in dietary preferences towards a higher protein intake, including meat products. Additionally, traditional vegetarian preferences in India are gradually evolving, with a growing acceptance of meat as a part of the diet. Younger generations, influenced by Western cultures and exposure to international cuisines, are increasingly embracing meat-based dishes. Other than this, the expansion of modern retail formats, such as supermarkets and hypermarkets, has made a wide range of meat products more accessible to consumers. This has contributed to increased consumption, convenience, and product availability. Furthermore, with the fast-paced lifestyles and busy schedules of urban consumers, there is a growing demand for convenient and processed meat products. Ready-to-eat meals, frozen meat products, and value-added processed meats (such as sausages, nuggets, and deli meats) are gaining popularity due to their ease of preparation, longer shelf life, and convenience. Besides this, the rise in urbanization and busy lifestyles have fueled the demand for convenience foods, including ready-to-eat and processed meat products. These products offer convenience, time savings, and ease of preparation, making them popular among urban consumers. In line with this, India's growing tourism and hospitality industry, with a surge in domestic and international travelers, has increased the demand for meat-based dishes in restaurants, hotels, and catering services.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India meat market report, along with forecasts at the country level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, product, and distribution channel.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the India meat market based on the product type. This includes raw and processed.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the India meat market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes chicken, beef, pork, mutton, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the India meat market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, specialty stores, online stores, and others.
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the India meat market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Chicken, Beef, Pork, Mutton, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Departmental Stores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores, Others
||South India, North India, West & Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India meat market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India meat market?
- What is the breakup of the India meat market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the India meat market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the India meat market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India meat market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India meat market?
- What is the structure of the India meat market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India meat market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India meat market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India meat market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India meat industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.