The India superfoods market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 10.10% during 2023-2028. The rising health consciousness among the masses, inflating consumer disposable incomes, and increasing digital influence promoting the benefits of superfoods to a broad and connected audience across the country represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Superfoods are a category of nutrient-rich foods considered particularly beneficial for health and well-being. They are high in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and other beneficial compounds. They span various food groups, including fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins, herbs, and spices. The popularity of superfoods comes from their purported health benefits, such as strengthening the immune system, providing anti-inflammatory properties, protecting against heart diseases, and improving overall physical and mental well-being. Some most commonly available superfoods include blueberries, rich in antioxidants; quinoa, an excellent plant-based protein source; and salmon, known for its high concentration of omega-3 fatty acids. While these foods are highly nutritious, the term "superfood" is often used as a marketing tool and consuming them in isolation will not necessarily lead to optimal health. As a result, superfoods are gaining immense traction among consumers in India as an integral part of a balanced diet comprising a wide variety of nutrient-dense foods to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
India Superfoods Market Trends:
At present, the growing awareness about health and wellness among consumers represents the primary factor supporting the market for superfoods in India. This trend has been accelerated by the sudden outbreak of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, as people are becoming more conscious of their dietary choices and their impact on immunity and overall health. Besides this, the expanding middle-class population across the country, inflating consumer disposable incomes, and rapid urbanization are contributing to market growth. With more financial capacity, consumers in urban areas are willing to invest in high-quality, nutritious food options for their well-being. Additionally, the rising influence of social media and surging internet penetration rates are other major growth-inducing factors. In line with this, the increasing number of fitness and health influencers, nutritionists, and doctors, endorsing superfoods on digital platforms, making the information about their benefits more accessible to a larger audience, is positively influencing market growth. Furthermore, heavy investments in innovative marketing strategies by food companies, who are launching a variety of products packed with superfoods, are augmenting the product demand. Along with this, the introduction of new superfood variants labeled as 'natural,' 'organic,' or 'free from,' which resonates with health-conscious consumers, is fueling the market growth. Moreover, the rapid proliferation of e-commerce platforms in India, providing easy access to a wide variety of superfoods, the convenience of online shopping, and home delivery options, has made it easier for consumers to incorporate these nutritious foods into their diets, thereby stimulating market growth. Other factors, including the rising adoption of vegetarianism, veganism, and plant-based diets, emerging preventive healthcare trends, favorable government initiatives, and increasing Western influence, are also anticipated to create a positive outlook for the market in India.
India Superfoods Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India superfoods market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, application, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- Grains and Seeds
- Herbs and Roots
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes fruits, vegetables, grains and seeds, herbs and roots, meat, and others.
- Bakery and Confectionery
- Convenience/Ready-to-Eat Foods
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes bakery and confectionery, beverages, supplements, convenience/ready-to-eat foods, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Independent Small Grocery Stores
- Online Sales
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, specialty stores, independent small grocery stores, online sales, and others.
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Superfoods Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical Trends and Market Outlook, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Fruits, Vegetables, Grains and Seeds, Herbs and Roots, Meat, Others
||Bakery and Confectionery, Beverages, Supplements, Convenience/Ready-to-Eat Foods, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Convenience Stores, Specialty Stores, Independent Small Grocery Stores, Online Sales, Others
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India superfoods market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India superfoods market?
- What is the breakup of the India superfoods market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the India superfoods market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the India superfoods market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India superfoods market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India superfoods market?
- What is the structure of the India superfoods market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India superfoods market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India superfoods market from 2023-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India superfoods market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India superfoods industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.