According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Telemedicine Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India telemedicine market to grow at a CAGR of 30.20% during 2022-2027. Telemedicine refers to a method that is generally adopted by healthcare professionals to provide medical facilities to patients via digital telecommunications technology. It involves the utilization of live video and audio conferencing, electronic mail (email) and remote patient monitoring equipment in order to provide various clinical and non-clinical services. It makes healthcare accessible to the rural population while facilitating real-time sharing of health reports and treatment procedures. Its utilization also increases patient engagement in a cost-efficient manner. The demand for telemedicine is increasing across India due to the rising prevalence of chronic diseases and the growing geriatric population.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Telemedicine Market Trends:
The market in India is primarily driven by rapid digitization across the healthcare industry. This has encouraged leading players to heavily invest in the deployment of telemedicine due to its associated convenience offered to patients and healthcare professionals. Moreover, continual technological advancements in the sector and the widespread integration of the Internet of Things (IoT), cloud computing and artificial intelligence (AI) with telemedicine solutions are providing a boost to the market growth. Additionally, the rapid outbreak of coronavirus disease (COVID-19), followed by the consequent lockdown restrictions, has favorably impacted the demand for telemedicine. Along with this, the increasing investments by private and public agencies for improving the overall healthcare infrastructure across the country are creating a positive market outlook. Other factors, including the rising need to provide quality medical facilities across geographical extended and rural locations, continuous improvements in the information & communication technology (ICT) infrastructure, the penetration of high-speed internet connectivity, and extensive research and development (R&D) activities conducted by key players, are also positively influencing the market across India.
- On the basis of the component, the market has been segmented into software and services and hardware.
- Based on the type, the market has been segregated into tele-hospitals, mHealth and tele-homes.
- On the basis of the deployment mode, the market has been classified into on-premises, cloud-based and web-based.
- Based on the modality, the market has been categorized into store and forward, real time and others.
- On the basis of the application, the market has been segmented into teleradiology, telepsychiatry, telepathology, teledermatology, telecardiology and others.
- Based on the end-user, the market has been segregated into providers, payers, patients and others.
- On the basis of region, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been studied in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY 82801, USA
Americas: +1-631-791-1145 | Europe & Africa: +44-753-713-2163 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800