The India whiskey market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5% during 2023-2028. The inflating disposable incomes, shifting consumer preferences toward premium offerings, rapid urbanization, the growth of cocktail culture, and rising awareness and engagement through digital platforms represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Whiskey refers to a variety of distilled alcoholic beverages that are currently gaining widespread popularity. It is crafted through a meticulous process involving the fermentation of grains, primarily barley, corn, rye, or wheat, and then distilling the resulting liquid. The spirit is aged in wooden barrels, often oak, contributing to its distinct flavor profile and color. A myriad of whiskey variations is marketed, each distinguished by its origin, ingredients, production methods, and geographical nuances in response to evolving consumer preferences. These encompass single malt, blended, bourbon, rye, and more. Whiskey's appeal extends beyond its consumption. It encapsulates tradition, craftsmanship, and cultural significance. As global interest in premium spirits continues to rise, whiskey's enduring legacy persists as a symbol of sophistication and taste, ensuring its prominent place in the world of beverages.
India Whiskey Market Trends:
The shifting consumer preferences toward premium and luxury alcoholic beverages represent one of the main factors fueling the growth of the Indian whiskey market. With an expanding middle class and rising disposable incomes, consumers are more inclined to explore higher-end whiskey offerings, leading to an increased demand for quality and diverse options. Moreover, rapid urbanization and changing lifestyles are influencing consumption patterns in the country. As urban centers develop and cultural dynamics evolve, whiskey is becoming a symbol of sophistication and social status, which is further driving a surge in whiskey consumption in social gatherings, events, and celebrations. In addition to this, the emergence of a thriving cocktail culture is creating a favorable outlook for market expansion as bartenders and mixologists are integrating whiskey into modern cocktails, making it appealing to younger demographics and those looking for novel taste experiences. Concurrently, the availability of international whiskey brands and the growing presence of whiskey-focused bars and lounges across major cities are contributing to the market's growth. Furthermore, the influence of digital platforms and social media creating awareness and curiosity about different whiskey varieties and educating consumers about the nuances of taste, distillation methods, and food pairings are enhancing consumer engagement and aiding in the expansion of the whiskey market.
India Whiskey Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the India whiskey market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, quality, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- American Whiskey
- Irish Whiskey
- Scotch Whiskey
- Canadian Whiskey
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product type. This includes American, Irish, scotch, Canadian, and other whiskeys.
- High-End Premium
- Super Premium
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the quality has also been provided in the report. This includes premium, high-end premium, and super premium.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Discount Stores
- Online Stores
- Restaurants and Bars
- Liquor Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes off-trade (supermarkets and hypermarkets, discount stores, online stores, and others), and on-trade (restaurants and bars, liquor stores, and others).
- South India
- North India
- West and Central India
- East India
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include South India, North India, West and Central India, and East India.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
India Whiskey Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||American Whiskey, Irish Whiskey, Scotch Whiskey, Canadian Whiskey, Others
||Premium, High-End Premium, Super Premium
|Distribution Channels Covered
- Off-Trade: Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Discount Stores, Online Stores, Others
- On-Trade: Restaurants and Bars, Liquor Stores, Others
||South India, North India, West and Central India, East India
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the India whiskey market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the India whiskey market?
- What is the breakup of the India whiskey market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the India whiskey market on the basis of quality?
- What is the breakup of the India whiskey market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the India whiskey market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the India whiskey market?
- What is the structure of the India whiskey market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the India whiskey market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the India whiskey market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the India whiskey market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the India whiskey industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.