The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Cold Chain Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028,” finds that the India Cold Chain market size reached INR 1,814.9 Billion in 2022. A cold chain is a temperature-controlled technology that allows storage, transportation, and distribution of temperature-sensitive goods and products. It includes products such as fresh agricultural produce, seafood, frozen food, dairy, pharmaceutical drugs, chemicals, and photographic films. Cold chain technology comprises refrigerated trucks, railcars, cargo, and air cargo, which are used to maintain the quality and shelf-life of products at a specific temperature. In India, the cold chain technology is increasingly gaining traction as they are utilized for horticultural produce, which requires the products to be handled at chilled and mild chilled zones.
India Cold Chain Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing consumption of temperature-sensitive products, including fresh fruits, vegetables, dairy, meat, and poultry products. Similarly, a rising number of healthcare products, such as vaccines, biopharmaceuticals and clinical trial materials, that are heat sensitive and require cold chain storage and transportation, are fueling the market growth. Besides this, the growing demand for organized retail and the rising awareness among consumers to mitigate food wastage is also facilitating the need for cold chains in India. This has changed the consumption pattern of perishable foods among individuals. In addition, the development of improved cold chain infrastructure across the country is also accelerating the adoption of cold chain. Moreover, rapid urbanization and changing tastes and preferences of individuals are increasing the consumption of ready-to-eat meals like frozen pizza, desserts, and snacks, which require cold chain logistics. Furthermore, the Government of India is providing subsidies to overcome complex transportation and enable service providers to tap into the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of INR 3,798.7 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 12.3% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
- Based on the segment, the market has been categorized into cold chain storage and cold chain transportation. Currently, cold chain storage dominates the market, holding the largest market share.
- On the basis of the product, the market has been classified into fruits and vegetables, meat and fish, dairy products, and healthcare products.
- The market has been segmented based on the sector into private, cooperative, and public. Among these, private sector represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the organized and unorganized, the market has been segregated into organized and unorganized sectors.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Punjab, Gujarat, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operative in the industry.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||INR Billion, Million Metric Tons
||Segment, Product, Sector, Organised and Unorganised, States
|| Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal, Punjab, Gujarat, Bihar, Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Haryana, Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Orissa, Tamil Nadu, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal