The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Household Cleaners Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India household cleaners market size reached a value of US$ 6,163 Million in 2021. Household cleaners are chemical solutions that are used to maintain hygiene and keep the house clean. They usually contain strong acids and bases, pesticides, and organic solvents. Household cleaners include surface cleaners, scouring pads, toilet cleaners, bleaches and glass cleaners. These products are particularly designed to remove dust, germs, grease, oil, clay, soap scum, limescale, mold, mildew, stains, and bad smells from soft and hard surfaces at home. They are available in the form of aerosol cans, pouches, triggered sprays, and in-pump actuated bottles. In India, household cleaners are gaining prominence as they play a significant role in day-to-day activities and are very effective in maintaining personal health and hygiene due to their chemical compositions.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Household Cleaners Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising awareness regarding household cleanliness and hygiene, owing to rapid urbanization and elevating living standards of individuals. Besides this, the increasing prevalence of health issues due to lack of hygiene and rapid spread of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is also fueling the market growth. In addition to this, significant infrastructural development resulting in an increased number of residential projects is also propelling the demand for household cleaners. They are readily available across organized retail stores and e-commerce platforms, thereby facilitating their sales across the country. Moreover, the Government of India is initiating various programs to promote proper hygiene and cleanliness across residential and commercial spaces, representing another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, manufacturers are introducing new product variants with different fragrances. They are also developing environment-friendly and sustainable household cleaners, which is creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of US$ 18,757 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.63% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product, the market has been segmented into laundry, dishwashing, surface cleaner, toilet bowl cleaner, window cleaner, glass cleaner, scourers, and others.
- On the basis of the ingredient, the market has been classified into builders, solvents, surfactants, antimicrobials, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the distribution channel into convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online, and others.
- On the basis of the income group, the market has been segregated into middle (INR 2.5 lacs- INR 27.5 lacs), low (less than INR 2.5 lacs), and high (greater than INR 27.5 lacs).
- Based on the application, the market has been segregated into fabric, kitchen, bathroom, floor, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the premiumization into economy, mid-size, and premium.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Hindustan Unilever Limited (Unilever), Rohit Surfactants Private Limited, Reckitt Benckiser (India) Limited (Reckitt Benckiser Group PLC), Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Healthcare Limited (Procter & Gamble), Jyothy Labs Limited, Nirma Limited, Fena (P) Limited, Dabur India Limited, S. C. Johnson Products Private Limited (SC Johnson & Son Investment Ltd.) and Pitambari Products Private Limited.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.