The Indian mobile components manufacturing and assembly market size reached US$ 53.2 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 137.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 16.8% during 2023-2028.
Mobile phones are made with a combination of different parts and components including a circuit board, microphone, display, speaker, sim card holder, buzzer, vibrator, monitor battery, antenna, etc. Amongst these, circuit board acts as the brain of the device as it helps in the overall functioning of the phone by converting digital signals to analog and vice versa. In recent years, India has made significant progress in terms of manufacturing mobile phone components. With growing government efforts under the ‘Make in India’ movement, manufacturers have started to adopt new technologies so as to provide innovative mobile phone components.
Indian Mobile Components Manufacturing and Assembly Market Trends:
- India is currently the second-largest manufacturer for mobile phones in the world, on account of rapid internet penetration, mounting disposable incomes and a large base of tech-savvy consumers. The large and growing demand for mobile phones has led to the rapid development of the domestic manufacturing and assembly units in India.
- While the launch of feature phones during the last decade of the 20th century established strong penetration, introduction of smartphones stimulated the market further. Driven by the growth in Internet services, smartphones found high penetration among the urban/Internet savvy population, thereby driving the demand for mobile phone components.
- India’s demographic profile has experienced a characteristic evolution, which is highly favorable to the mobile phone adoption. Factors such as a large young population, strong working-age population, rising number of working women, and the growth of the Indian middle class have evolved to represent the most influential segments of the population generating new social, technological, and economic trends.
- India has a large pool of unskilled, semi-skilled and skilled labor in the major manufacturing states. The easy availability and low cost of labor has encouraged investors to enter the Indian smartphone manufacturing industry.
- Continuous technological advancements are pushing mobile phone manufacturers to shorten the product lifecycle and launch new products frequently, for both first-time and replacement consumers. This is fueling the demand for basic mobile phone components such as PCB (Printed Circuit Board), connectors, plastics, metals and acoustics.
- Due to the favorable business initiatives by the government, India is expected to witness swift inflow of foreign investments in the next few years. For instance, Samsung has recently inaugurated world’s largest mobile phone factory in Noida, Uttar Pradesh, giving huge boost to the mobile phone manufacturing industry in the country. Apart from Samsung, several other Chinese phone manufacturers are expected to expand their manufacturing capacity or set up a new plant in the country during the forecast period.
- Although most of the mobile phone manufacturers in India are involved in assembly applications, the growing number of favorable governments schemes are prompting the manufacturers to invest in local value addition and indigenous research.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Indian mobile components manufacturing and assembly market report, along with forecasts at the country and state level from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on mobile type, mobile components, and assembly and domestic manufacturing.
Breakup by Mobile Type:
- Feature Phones
- Other Phones
The market has been categorized on the basis of mobile type into smartphones, feature phones and others. Amongst these, smartphones represented the most popular segment, accounting for more than half of the total market. Several government initiatives and regulations have contributed to the growth of smartphone manufacturing in the region.
Breakup by Mobile Components:
- Main Board and Sensor Flex
- Camera (Primary/Secondary)
- Battery Pack
On the basis of mobile components, main board and sensor flex hold the largest market share, representing the leading mobile component segment. Other major segments include display/touchscreen, camera (primary/secondary), battery pack and others.
Breakup by Assembly and Domestic Manufacturing:
- Domestic Manufacturing
Assembly of mobile components represents the dominant segment. In order to boost the local production, the government of India has introduced numerous programs such as Make in India and PMP.
- Uttar Pradesh
- Andhra Pradesh
On a geographical front, Uttar Pradesh enjoys the leading position in the Indian mobile components manufacturing and assembly market. Improved industrial infrastructure and access to the consumer markets of the National Capital Region has attracted various manufacturers in the region. Other major states include Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and others.
The market consists of numerous small and large players who compete in terms of prices and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are:
- Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.
- Xiaomi Corporation
- Lenovo Group Ltd.
- Micromax Informatics Limited
- Oppo Guangdong Mobile Communications Co. Ltd.
- Vivo Mobile Communications Co. Ltd.
- Lava International Limited
- Karbonn Mobiles
- Intex Technologies
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian mobile components manufacturing and assembly market covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the mobile components manufacturing and assembly industry in any manner.
|Base Year of the Analysis
|US$ Billion, Million Units
|Mobile Type, Mobile Components, Assembly and Domestic Manufacturing, State
|Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Xiaomi Corporation, Lenovo Group Ltd., Micromax Informatics Limited, Oppo Guangdong Mobile Communications Co. Ltd., Vivo Mobile Communications Co. Ltd., Lava International Limited, Karbonn Mobiles and Intex Technologies
|10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
|Single User License: US$ 2299
Five User License: US$ 3399
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
|PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)