As per the latest report by IMARC Group, entitled “Indian Onion Powder Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the Indian onion powder market reached a volume of 11,670 Tons in 2017. Onion powder refers to the processed form of dehydrated onions which is relatively less pungent in taste. It is used in the preparation of a wide array of food products including salads, snacks, soups and gravies so as to impart the flavor of fresh onions. Onion powder consists of several nutrients like protein, calcium, iron, folate, carbohydrate, cholesterol, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, and vitamin B-6 and C. Some of the other benefits associated with onion powder include longer shelf-life, insignificant calorie count, wide availability, and easy storage and transportation.
Onion powder is widely employed in the production of ready-to-cook food products such as oats, pasta, noodles, instant mixes and frozen food items. On account of rapid urbanization, hectic work schedules and increasing working population, the demand for these food products is escalating in the region. Additionally, the food industry is experiencing overall development as the manufacturers are improving their capabilities to meet the standards of processed goods in India. Moreover, the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI) is providing assistance for enhancing investments in this sector, thereby propelling the growth of the India onion powder market. Looking forward, the market volume is projected to reach 16,540 Tons by 2023, at a projected CAGR of 6% during 2018-2023.
- On the basis of packaging, the market has been bifurcated as bulk packaging and pouches. Amongst these, bulk packaging dominates the market, holding the largest share.
- Based on application, the market has been segregated into food processing and healthcare. Currently, the food processing segment accounts for the majority of the market share, owing to the flourishing food industry in India.
- On the basis of end-use, the commercial sector represents the biggest segment due to the increasing demand for packaged food products. The commercial sector is followed by the residential sector.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Gujarat, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan and Others. At present, Gujarat is the leading market, holding the majority of the total market share. Most of the onion powder production plants are located in Gujarat as it is one of the largest onion producing states in India.
- The competitive landscape of the Indian onion powder market has also been examined with some of the key players being Jain Irrigation Systems Pvt. Ltd., Kings Dehydration, Gujarat Agro Exports Ltd., Gujarat Dehyd Foods Ltd., etc.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter: @imarcglobal