The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Packaged Sweets Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India packaged sweets market size reached a value of INR 4,368 Crores in 2021. Sweets are confectionary food items that are manufactured from milk and milk derivatives, cereals and pulses, wheat flour, and dry fruits. They include rasgulla, gulab jamun, barfi, peda, ladoo, cham cham, rajbhog, and soan papdi. They are available in packaged boxes, plastic containers, as well as tin cans based on their texture and physical forms. They are preferably consumed within a week, once opened and also refrigerated for preservation. In India, sweets are processed in pure desi ghee, making them beneficial for health. These packaged sweets are usually certified by government organizations, such as FSSAI, which ensures the high quality and the ability to be transported over longer distances.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Packaged Sweets Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the significant growth of the packaging sector. Packaged sweets are an essential part of the Indian culture as they are served during cultural and social gatherings like festivals, celebrations, and weddings. In addition to this, rapid urbanization and change in food consumption patterns are increasing the consumption of packaged food products like sweets. Besides this, the increasing consciousness regarding food hygiene and cleanliness coupled with the shifting preferences from traditional or home-cooked sweets toward ready-to-eat and packaged variants is escalating the demand for packaged sweets. Moreover, manufacturers are launching sugar-free sweets packs. especially for people with diabetes, which is widening their consumer base. They are also offering free home delivery and promotional offers, thus increasing their sales among consumers. Furthermore, innovations in processing techniques for extending the shelf life of packaged sweets and the introduction of luxurious brands that offer organic, vegan, dairy-free sweets with clean label ingredients are also creating a positive outlook for the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to reach a value of INR 12,763 Crores by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 19.40% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into rasgulla and gulab jamun, barfi, soan papdi, peda, laddoo and others.
- On the basis of the ingredient type, the market has been classified into milk and milk derivatives, cereal and pulses, dry fruits, fruits and vegetables, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the packaging type into boxes, tin cans, and plastic containers.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into own brand stores, convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, e-commerce, and milk outlets.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Banchharam, Bikanervala Foods Private Limited , Bikaji Food International Limited, Bihar State Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Limited (COMFED), Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Limited, Haldiram's, Karnataka Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Limited (KMF), KC Das Private Limited, Lal Sweets Private Limited, Orissa State Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Limited (OMFED), Parag Milk Foods Limited, and Tamil Nadu Co-operative Milk Producers Federation Limited (TCMF).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.