Plywood is manufactured by assembling thin layers of wood veneers bonded together using powerful adhesives. Softwoods, hardwoods, or a combination of the two is used, such as several varieties of maple, mahogany, oak, pine, cedar, spruce, etc., in the production of plywood for various applications. Softwood plywood sheets are designed for installation on the exterior of a structure, whereas, hardwood plywood is used for manufacturing furniture and other interior applications. In India, plywood is mostly used for the manufacturing of furniture, accounting for two-thirds of the wood consumption. The latest report by IMARC Group titled, “Indian Plywood Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, finds that the Indian plywood market reached a value of US$ 4.2 Billion in 2017, growing at a CAGR of nearly 5% during 2010-2017.
In the past decades, the expenditure on furniture has increased as a result of increasing incomes, urbanisation, investment in real estate, western influence, etc. Moreover, the introduction of new designs and diverse product range of furniture have further helped in creating a demand among the consumers. Expanding distribution network and exclusive outlets of furniture manufacturers in the region has also helped in influencing the market for plywood. Owing to this, the market is further expected to reach a value of US$ 5.5 Billion by 2023.
On the basis of end-use the market is segmented as commercial and residential. The residential sector is the largest consumer for Indian plywood, accounting for more than half of the total shares. The report has also analysed the market on the basis of competitive landscape and provides the details of the key players. Some of the major players are Greenply, Century Plyboards Limited, Merino, Kitply, Uniply, etc.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian plywood industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up an Indian plywood manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the Indian plywood industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- What are the key success and risk factors in the Indian plywood industry?
- How has the Indian plywood market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What is the structure of the Indian plywood industry and who are the key players?
- What are the various unit operations involved in an Indian plywood plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the utility requirements for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the manpower requirements for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the infrastructure costs for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the capital costs for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What are the operating costs for setting up an Indian plywood plant?
- What should be the pricing mechanism of Indian plywood products?
- What will be the income and expenditures for an Indian plywood plant?
- What is the time required to break-even?