The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Probiotic Drinks Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India probiotic drinks market reached a value of INR 778 Million in 2021. Probiotic drinks are functional beverages that aid in maintaining a healthy balance of stomach bacteria. These drinks are produced through the process of bio-fermentation by mixing water, sugar, and herbal and fruit extracts with probiotic culture and yeast. They consist of specific microorganisms, which results in various health benefits such as improved digestive health and immune function, and weight loss. Probiotic drinks are also known to help people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhea.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Probiotic Drinks Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the increasing number of health-conscious individuals across India. Nowadays, consumers are shifting toward functional food and beverages to improve their health and immunity, thereby escalating the demand for probiotic drinks. Besides this, the rising instances of gastrointestinal disorders among the masses have necessitated the consumption of carbonated and probiotic drinks with high nutritional and low-calorie content. Moreover, with the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, there has been an increase in the demand for immunity boosting and fortified supplements. As a result, manufacturers are introducing innovative product variants with exotic flavors. They are also developing dairy-, allergen-, lactose-, and sugar-free formulations, which are facilitating the market growth. For instance, Yakult Danone India has launched the latest variant on its signature probiotic drink, Yakult Light, which is replete with vitamin D and E and has low sugar content. Looking forward, the market value is expected to reach a value of INR 2,371 Million by 2027, exhibiting a CAGR of 21.00% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into dairy-based and plant-based probiotic drinks.
- On the basis of the flavor, the market has been classified into strawberry, vanilla, mango, and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the packaging type into plastic, glass, and other bottles.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, specialty stores, online, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into North India, West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation, Mother Dairy Fruits and Vegetables Private Limited, and Yakult (Danone India Private Limited).
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.