A sanitary napkin refers to a thin pad which is made up of a material that helps to absorb the menstrual fluid during menstruation. These napkins play a vital role in the women’s hygiene and overall health. Sanitary pads are currently available in different varieties with varied absorbency level and sizes. Some of the most popular ones include regular, thin, and ultra-thin pads. According to the latest report by IMARC Group, “Indian Sanitary Napkin Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2018-2023”, the Indian sanitary napkin market reached a value of nearly US$ 441 Million in 2017.
Over the years, sanitary napkins have gained much prominence in India as the Government and NGO entities have been taking various initiatives and workshops towards educating females about the importance of personal hygiene. Thus, increasing awareness about personal hygiene among females remains one of the primary factors facilitating the growth of the Indian sanitary napkin market. In addition to this, elevating incomes and the availability of sanitary napkins at an affordable price is another factor boosting the market growth. Moreover, the manufacturers are also focusing on unique marketing strategies in order to increase their consumer-base. Further, the market is expected to reach a value of around US$ 631 Million by 2023, growing at a CAGR of more than 6% during 2018-2023.
The report has segmented the Indian sanitary napkin market on the basis of type into disposable menstrual pads, cloth menstrual pads and biodegradable menstrual pads. Currently, disposable menstrual pads represent the largest product type, accounting for the majority of the total share. The market is also segmented on a regional basis, covering Maharashtra, Delhi NCR, Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Gujarat and Others. Amongst these, Maharashtra is the leading market, followed by Delhi NCR and Tamil Nadu. An analysis of the competitive landscape provides the details of the key players operative in the market. Some of the major players include P&G, Johnson & Johnson, Unicharm, Emami, ltd., Mankind, Kimberly-Clark and Edgewell.
This report provides a deep insight into the Indian sanitary napkin industry covering all its essential aspects. This ranges from macro overview of the market to micro details of the industry performance, recent trends, key market drivers and challenges, SWOT analysis, Porter’s five forces analysis, value chain analysis, etc. The report also provides a comprehensive analysis for setting up a sanitary napkin manufacturing plant. The study analyses the processing and manufacturing requirements, project cost, project funding, project economics, expected returns on investment, profit margins, etc. This report is a must-read for entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, consultants, business strategists, and all those who have any kind of stake or are planning to foray into the sanitary napkin industry in any manner.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Indian sanitary napkin market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the different product types in the Indian sanitary napkin industry?
- What are the price trends of sanitary napkin?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Indian sanitary napkin industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Indian sanitary napkin industry?
- What is the structure of the Indian sanitary napkin industry and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Indian sanitary napkin industry?
- What are the profit margins in the Indian sanitary napkin industry?
- What are the key requirements for setting up a sanitary napkin manufacturing plant?
- How is sanitary napkin manufactured?
- What are the various unit operations involved in a sanitary napkin manufacturing plant?
- What is the total size of land required for setting up a sanitary napkin manufacturing plant?
- What are the machinery requirements for setting up a sanitary napkin manufacturing plant?
- What are the raw material requirements for setting up a sanitary napkin manufacturing plant?