The latest report by IMARC Group, titled “India Snacks Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027,” finds that the India snacks market exhibited robust growth during 2016-2021. Snacks are food products that are consumed between the main meals, as a side dish, or appetizer. They consist of a small portion of food that is available in a variety of forms and shapes, such as fruits, baked goods, and savory snacks. They are generally produced from ingredients like corn, potatoes, nuts, oils, and grains. Snacks include packaged and processed food products. They are gaining popularity among the Indian population owing to their availability in sweet, sour, salty, and spicy variants.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Snacks Market Trends:
The market is primarily driven by the rising consumption of processed food items and on-the-go food products. Rapid urbanization has resulted in hectic work schedules and sedentary lifestyles among individuals, which is also increasing the consumption of snacks as an alternative to full-fledged meals like breakfast, lunch, or dinner. In addition to this, the satisfying taste and long shelf life offered by snacks are facilitating the market growth. Snacks with ethnic tastes like banana chips, murukku, papad, and samosas are becoming extremely popular among the teenage population, people living in hostels, and bachelors. Furthermore, the rising health consciousness has shifted the consumer preference towards natural, organic, vegan, low-calorie, and gluten-free snack variants. As a result, manufacturers are introducing value-added products in different flavors, textures, and seasonings to diversify their consumer base and expand their product portfolio. Nowadays, the growing trend of premiumization has further led to the launch of a variety of functional snacks with bold, spicy flavors and exotic ingredients, which, in trun, is influencing the growth of the market. Looking forward, the market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 12% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the product type, the market has been segmented into chips, salted peanuts, fryums, and popcorns.
- On the basis of the pack type, the market has been classified into pouch and others.
- The market has been categorized based on the pack size into less than 50 gm, 50-100 gm, and more than 100 gm.
- On the basis of the distribution channel, the market has been segregated into general trade, modern trade, online and e-commerce, and others.
- Region-wise, the market has been divided into Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Gujarat, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Goa, and others.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been examined, with some of the key players being Agro Tech Foods Limited (Conagra Brands, Inc.), Balaji Wafers Private Limited, Bikanervala Foods Private Limited, Haldiram Snacks Private Limited, ITC Limited, Parle Products Private Limited, PepsiCo, Prataap Snacks Limited, TTK Foods (TTK Healthcare), and Urban Platter.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800