A new research report by IMARC Group, titled “Instant Coffee Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028”, the global instant coffee market size reached US$ 13.3 Billion in 2022. Instant or soluble coffee refers to a beverage derived from dried coffee extracts that enables the consumers to prepare coffee quickly by just adding water to it. It is available in granulated, concentrated liquid and powered form in sachets or glass jars. Instant coffee has lower caffeine content than brewed coffee, however, it contains a high amount of antioxidants. The consumption of instant coffee offers similar health benefits to brewed coffee, such as enhancing brain function, boosting metabolism, improving liver and mental health, etc.
Global Instant Coffee Market Trends:
In recent years, the instant coffee manufacturers have introduced organic coffee as well as several new flavours. Along with this, they are using advanced technologies for producing higher quality coffee, thereby, boosting the demand for instant coffee globally. Additionally, as instant coffee accords convenience to the consumers to prepare coffee in less time, it has catalysed the growth of the market worldwide. Moreover, single-serve packaging formats are rapidly gaining popularity due to increasing focus on convenience and health-consciousness. This is anticipated to provide a positive impact to the market growth. Some of the other factors fuelling the global instant coffee market include rising urbanisation, premiumisation, affordability and longer shelf life. However, the usage of acrylamide in instant coffee has been associated with a number of adverse health effects which, in turn, is hampering the global instant coffee market. Looking forward, the market value is projected to reach US$ 18.3 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.51% during 2023-2028.
- On the basis of type, the market has been segmented into spray dried and freeze dried instant coffee. Currently, spray dried instant coffee is the most popular product type, holding the majority of the global share, as it is more affordable than freeze dried instant coffee.
- On the basis of the packaging, the market has been classified into jars, pouches, sachets and others. At present, pouches account for the majority of the total market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into business-to-business, supermarkets and hypermarkets, convenience stores, online and others. Among these, supermarkets and hypermarkets hold the largest market share.
- Region-wise, Europe represents the largest instant coffee market globally as coffee intake is an age-old tradition in the region. Particularly in Eastern Europe, the expanding middle-class population, growing disposable income and rapid urbanisation are accentuating the demand for instant coffee. Other major regions are Asia Pacific, North America, Latin America and Middle East and Africa.
- The market is highly concentrated with the presence of very limited players who compete in terms of prices, packaging, flavours and quality. Some of the leading players operating in the market are Nestle, Starbucks Corporation, Matthew Algie & Company Ltd., Kraft Foods Inc., Tata Consumer Products Limited, Strauss Group Ltd., Jacobs Douwe Egberts, and Tchibo Coffee International Ltd.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Million Kg, US$ Billion
||Product Type, Packaging, Distribution Channel, Region
|| Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||Nestle, Starbucks Corporation, Matthew Algie & Company Ltd., Kraft Foods Inc., Tata Consumer Products Limited, Strauss Group Ltd., Jacobs Douwe Egberts, and Tchibo Coffee International Ltd.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal