The global IP camera market size reached US$ 10.8 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 22.5 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 13.14% during 2023-2028. The growing demand for surveillance across the residential and commercial sectors, ongoing technological advancements, and the rising popularity of smart and wireless IP cameras represent some of the key factors driving the market.
An internet protocol (IP) camera, also known as a network camera, is a digital camera used to capture and transmit video and audio data over an IP network. These cameras are designed for remote surveillance and can be accessed from anywhere worldwide through the Internet. Unlike traditional analog cameras, IP cameras use digital data transmission, which offers better image quality, higher resolution, and remote accessibility. They are also equipped with built-in web servers that enable users to access the camera's live feed, recorded footage, and settings using a web browser or dedicated software. IP cameras are available in a wide range of models, including fixed, pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ), and dome cameras, and can be used for both indoor and outdoor surveillance. They also offer a variety of advanced features, including motion detection, face recognition, night vision, and two-way audio communication.
IP Camera Market Trends:
The increasing inclination toward home monitoring owing to the rising incidences of squatting and home burglaries has led to increased demand for security cameras among homeowners, primarily driving the global IP camera market growth. Besides this, the shifting preference for smart IP cameras over conventional mountable Wi-Fi cameras among consumers to improve their property security is aiding in market expansion. Moreover, the rising popularity of wireless IP cameras and the large-scale product adoption across the healthcare, retail, and education sectors are acting as significant growth-inducing factors. In addition to this, innovative technological advancements, such as the utilization of cloud storage, edge computing, and artificial intelligence (AI) that assists in allowing remote access to stored data, reducing latency in the video feed, and providing more accurate data compared to traditional cameras are creating a favorable outlook for the market. Furthermore, the introduction of infrared cameras, new product launches, continued research and development (R&D), and innovation efforts in camera and networking technologies are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Concurrent with this, rapid urbanization, expanding popularity of smart homes, the implementation of various government initiatives, the integration of Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, the widespread adoption of IP cameras in commercial buildings, and the proliferation of smartphone users and appealing installment policies are supporting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global IP camera market, along with forecasts at the global, regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on component, product type, connection type, and application.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the IP camera market based on the component. This includes hardware and services. According to the report, hardware represented the largest segment.
Product Type Insights:
- Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ)
A detailed breakup and analysis of the IP camera market based on the product type has also been provided in the report. This includes fixed, pan-tilt-zoom (PTZ), and infrared. According to the report, infrared accounted for the largest market share.
Connection Type Insights:
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the IP camera market based on the connection type. This includes consolidated and distributed. According to the report, distributed represented the largest segment.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the IP camera market based on the application has also been provided in the report. This includes residential, commercial, and government. According to the report, commercial accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for IP camera. Some of the factors driving the North America IP camera market included the rising need for surveillance and security among homeowners, the growing demand for smart homes, and ongoing product innovation.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global IP camera market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include 3dEYE Inc., D-Link Corporation, GeoVision Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls International PLC, Kintronics Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, Sony Corporation, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Connection Type
|Product Types Covered
||Fixed, Pan-Tilt-Zoom (PTZ), Infrared
|Connection Types Covered
||Residential, Commercial, Government
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||3dEYE Inc., D-Link Corporation, GeoVision Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Johnson Controls International PLC, Kintronics Inc., Panasonic Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Schneider Electric SE, Sony Corporation, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global IP camera market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global IP camera market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global IP camera market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive IP camera market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the component?
- Which is the most attractive component in the IP camera market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the IP camera market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the connection type?
- Which is the most attractive connection type in the IP camera market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the IP camera market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global IP camera market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global IP camera market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the IP camera market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global IP camera market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the IP camera industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.