The Japan 3D printing market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 22.10% during 2023-2028. The escalating demand for custom-made products, rapid digitalization, advancements in manufacturing techniques and the preferences for reliable and effective 3D printing services represent some of the key factors driving the market.
3D printing, also known as additive manufacturing, is a technology that creates three-dimensional objects by building up successive layers of material. Each layer corresponds to a digitally defined cross-section from a 3D model or other electronic data sources. A key characteristic of 3D printing is its ability to produce complex shapes and designs, which are often impossible to create using traditional manufacturing methods. It can fabricate objects from a wide variety of materials, including plastic, metal, ceramics, and even biological materials. The ability to use diverse materials adds to the versatility of 3D printing. Moreover, it offers a high degree of precision, creating parts and components that fit together with exceptional accuracy. As for its features, 3D printing enables rapid prototyping, where a concept can be transformed into a physical model swiftly, thereby significantly reducing the product development cycle. It also supports customization, allowing for personalized designs without added cost, which is particularly beneficial in fields like healthcare and dentistry for creating tailored solutions. In addition, 3D printing contributes to waste reduction, as it uses only the material necessary to create the object, reducing the environmental impact. The evolution of 3D printing represents a paradigm shift in manufacturing, paving the way for innovation and customization across a multitude of sectors.
Japan 3D Printing Market Trends:
The escalating demand for custom-made products and rapid digitalization across various sectors are stimulating the need for 3D printing and 3D-printed products. This serves as a significant driver for the growth of the 3D printing market in the country. Moreover, the increasing utilization of 3D printing in automotive, healthcare, and electronics sectors is contributing to the market growth. Besides this, the advancements in manufacturing techniques, requiring high-performance tools like 3D printers, is fueling the demand for advanced 3D printing services, thereby driving the market growth. Along with this, the expansion of industries such as prototyping and personalized manufacturing is boosting the demand for 3D printing. The rising focus on rapid prototyping technologies and regulatory compliance is leading to an increased demand for innovative and efficient 3D printing solutions, facilitating market growth. Furthermore, ethical considerations in ensuring sustainable manufacturing practices are urging businesses to invest in responsible usage of 3D printing. Several government initiatives promoting technological innovation and industrial growth are also contributing significantly to the market growth. Moreover, the improved awareness about the importance of quality materials in various sectors and the preference for reliable and effective 3D printing services are accelerating the market growth. Other factors, such as regulatory policies supporting sustainable development, the increasing application of 3D printing in emerging technologies, and significant technological advancements in 3D printing processes and utilization, are further driving the 3D printing market growth across Japan.
Japan 3D Printing Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan 3D printing market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on technology, process, material, offering, application, and end user.
- Fused Deposition Modeling
- Selective Laser Sintering
- Electron Beam Melting
- Digital Light Processing
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the technology. This includes stereolithography, fused deposition modeling, selective laser sintering, electron beam melting, digital light processing, and others.
- Binder Jetting
- Directed Energy Deposition
- Material Extrusion
- Material Jetting
- Power Bed Fusion
- Sheet Lamination
- Vat Photopolymerization
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the process. This includes binder jetting, directed energy deposition, material extrusion, material jetting, power bed fusion, sheet lamination and vat photopolymerization.
- Metals and Ceramics
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the material. This includes photopolymers, plastics, metals and ceramics, and others.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the offering. This includes printer, material, software, and service.
- Functional Part Manufacturing
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the application. This includes prototyping, tooling, and functional part manufacturing.
End User Insights:
- Consumer Products
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the end user. This includes consumer products, machinery, healthcare, aerospace, automobile, and others.
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/ Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Kanto region, Kinki region, Central/ Chubu region, Kyushu-Okinawa region, Tohoku region, Chugoku region, Hokkaido region, and Shikoku region.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Japan 3D Printing Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- End User
||Stereolithography, Fused Deposition Modeling, Selective Laser Sintering, Electron Beam Melting, Digital Light Processing, Others
||Binder Jetting, Directed Energy Deposition, Material Extrusion, Material Jetting, Power Bed Fusion, Sheet Lamination, Vat Photopolymerization
||Photopolymers, Plastics, Metals and Ceramics, Others
||Printer, Material, Software, Service
||Prototyping, Tooling, Functional Part Manufacturing
|End Users Covered
||Consumer Products, Machinery, Healthcare, Aerospace, Automobile, Others
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/Chubu Region, Kyushu/Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan 3D printing market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan 3D printing market?
- What is the breakup of the Japan 3D printing market on the basis of technology?
- What is the breakup of the Japan 3D printing market on the basis of process?
- What is the breakup of the Japan 3D printing market on the basis of material?
- What is the breakup of the Japan 3D printing market on the basis of offering?
- What is the breakup of the Japan 3D printing market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the Japan 3D printing market on the basis of end user?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan 3D printing market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan 3D printing market?
- What is the structure of the Japan 3D printing market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan 3D printing market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan 3D printing market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan 3D printing market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyse the level of competition within the Japan 3D printing industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.