The Japan barley market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.20% during 2023-2028. The growing health consciousness among consumers and the collaborations between food companies and hospitality businesses, along with the expansion in the food and beverage (F&B) and agriculture industries represent some of the key factors driving the market.
Barley is a versatile grain, predominantly used in bread, beverages, and various cuisines worldwide. Barley, scientifically known as Hordeum vulgare, is a member of the grass family and one of the major cereal grains. It is an annual plant that grows from seed and reaches maturity in around two to three months. It is used as a primary ingredient in numerous food products and beverages, most notably bread and beer. Barley is distinguished by its resilient nature, capable of withstanding various climatic conditions, from the cold regions of the highlands to the hot environments of the tropics. The plant typically grows 2-4 feet tall and has a robust root system. Its grains are encased in a tough, inedible hull. The color of the barley grain varies from yellow to purple, depending on the cultivar. One of the notable features of barley is its rich nutritional profile. It's high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals like selenium and magnesium. Barley has a distinct, slightly nutty flavor and chewy texture that can enhance a variety of dishes. The grain's ability to absorb flavors makes it a versatile ingredient in soups, stews, and salads. Barley is recognized for its malt-producing properties, making it integral in the brewing industry.
Japan Barley Market Trends:
The growing health consciousness represents one of the key factors stimulating the growth of the barley market in Japan. In addition to this, the rising prices of alternative grains are making barley an economically attractive option, thereby spurring the market growth. Moreover, the availability of diverse barley varieties and products is expanding consumer choices and propelling the market. Besides this, advancements in agricultural techniques are leading to increased barley yield, making it more available in the market. Additionally, favorable government initiatives are encouraging local farmers to cultivate more barley. The robust supply chain across the country ensures the freshness and quality of barley, thereby supporting the market growth. Collaborations between food companies and hospitality businesses are facilitating the promotion and inclusion of barley-based dishes and beverages in menus. The increasing consumer inclination toward diverse and health-oriented dietary options are contributing to the barley market growth in Japan. The growing trend of online food ordering and delivery services is leading to a surge in demand for barley products. Coupled with this, the rising digitalization and rising online grocery shopping trend are further driving the growth of the barley market in Japan. Other factors, such as high disposable income, the development of the tourism industry, and the growing popularity of traditional cuisines in Japan, many of which use barley as a key ingredient, are propelling the market growth across the country.
Japan Barley Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan barley market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on type, grade, distribution channel, industry vertical and region.
- Two-Row Barley
- Six-Row Barley
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the type. This includes covered, two-row barley, six row barley, and hulless.
- Food Grade
- Feed Grade
- Malt Grade
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the grade. This includes food grade, feed grade and malt grade.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Departmental Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel. This includes supermarkets and hypermarkets, departmental stores, specialty stores and online stores.
Industry Vertical Insights:
- Food and Beverages
- Seed Industry
- Personal Care
- Animal Feed
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the industry vertical. This includes food and beverages, pharmaceuticals, seed industry, personal care, animal feed, nutraceuticals and others.
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the region. This includes Kanto region, Kinki region, Central/Chubu region, Kyushu-Okinawa region, Tohoku region, Chugoku region, Hokkaido region and Shikoku region.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Japan barley market. Competitive analysis, such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report.
Japan Barley Market Report Coverage:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
- Industry Vertical
||Covered, Two-Row Barley, Six-Row Barley, Hulless
||Food Grade, Feed Grade, Malt Grade
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Departmental Stores, Specialty Stores, Online Stores
|Industry Verticals Covered
||Food and Beverages, Pharmaceuticals, Seed Industry, Personal Care, Animal Feed, Nutraceuticals, Others
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/Chubu Region, Kyushu/Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan barley market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan barley market?
- What is the breakup of the Japan barley market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the Japan barley market on the basis of grade?
- What is the breakup pf the Japan barley market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What is the breakup pf the Japan barley market on the basis of industry vertical?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan barley market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan barley market?
- What is the structure of the Japan barley market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan barley market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan barley market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan barley market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Japan barley industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.