The Japan champagne market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.23% during 2023-2028. The growing association of champagne with celebrations, romance, and luxury, rising shift in the drinking culture, and increasing number of tourists bringing diverse cultural experiences and preferences represent some of the key factors driving the market
Champagne is a sparkling wine that is known for its effervescence and association with celebrations and luxury. It is produced in the Champagne region of France, using specific grapes and a unique method of production known as the method champenoise or traditional method. It is primarily made from three grape varieties, such as Chardonnay, Pinot Noir, and Pinot Meunier. It is considered a wine of exceptional quality as the careful craftsmanship and attention to detail in its production contribute to its reputation as a luxurious and refined beverage. Champagne also has a lower calorie count compared to other alcoholic beverages, making it a relatively healthier choice. Additionally, moderate consumption of champagne may have some health benefits, as it contains antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of certain diseases. It is commonly served as an apéritif or a toast during special occasions. The bubbles and acidity cleanse the palate, making it an excellent accompaniment to a wide range of foods, such as seafood, poultry, cheeses, and desserts. As champagne can also be used as an ingredient in cocktails, adding a touch of elegance to classic mixes like mimosas and Champagne cocktails, its demand is increasing in Japan.
Japan Champagne Market Trends:
Japan has a high standard of living and a growing affluent class, which is leading to an increase in disposable income. As a result, consumers have more spending power and are willing to invest in luxury goods, including champagne. The perception of champagne as a symbol of prestige and celebration aligns with the aspirations of the Japanese consumers represents one of the key factors supporting the growth of the market. Moreover, there has been a significant shift in the drinking culture, with a growing interest in wine and champagne. Wine and champagne are considered fashionable and sophisticated choices, particularly among the younger generation, who consider them as trendy beverages for socializing and special occasions, which is propelling the growth of the market. Besides this, Western influence, including the influence of French culture, is playing a significant role in shaping the perception and demand for champagne in Japan. In addition, champagne is often associated with celebrations, romance, and luxury, which resonates with the Japanese desire for elegance and refinement. Apart from this, the popularity of French cuisine, fashion, and lifestyle is contributing to growth of the market in Japan. In line with this, Japan is witnessing a surge in international tourism with visitors from around the world bringing diverse cultural experiences and preferences, which is catalyzing the demand for champagne.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan champagne market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product, type, and distribution channel.
Breakup by Product:
- Prestige Cuvée
- Blanc De Noirs
- Blanc De Blancs
- Rosé Champagne
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes prestige cuvée, blanc de noirs, blanc de blancs, rosé champagne, and others.
Breakup by Price:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the price has also been provided in the report. This includes economy, mid-range, and luxury.
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarket and Hypermarket
- Specialty Stores
- Online Stores
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes supermarket and hypermarket, specialty stores, and online stores.
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Kanto region, Kinki region, central/ Chubu region, Kyushu-Okinawa region, Tohoku region, Chugoku region, Hokkaido region, and Shikoku region.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Japan champagne market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
Japan Champagne Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Prestige Cuvée, Blanc De Noirs, Blanc De Blancs, Rosé Champagne, Others
||Economy, Mid-Range, Luxury
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Supermarket And Hypermarket, Specialty Stores, Online Stores
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/Chubu Region, Kyushu/Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan champagne market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan champagnemarket?
- What is the breakup of the Japan champagne market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the Japan champagne market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the Japan champagne market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan champagne market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan champagne market?
- What is the structure of the Japan champagne market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan champagne market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan champagne market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan champagne market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Japan champagne industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.