The Japan dog food market is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 6.51% during 2022-2027. Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we are continuously tracking and evaluating the direct as well as the indirect influence of the pandemic. These insights are included in the report as a major market contributor.
Dog food is generally produced from water, poultry, fish, meat, cereals, and grains and available in various forms, including snacks, liquid supplements, gravy, and treats. It assists in boosting immunity, strengthening muscles and bones, maintaining a healthy weight, and minimizing the risk of allergies and digestive disorders among domesticated dogs. It also aids in improving the skin, maintaining dental health, and minimizing the body and stool odor among dogs.
Dog Food Market Trends:
The emerging pet humanization trend wherein dog owners treat their dogs as family members represent one of the key factors bolstering the growth of the market in Japan. Moreover, the increasing concerns among pet parents about the health of their dogs are positively influencing the demand for premium and natural dog food products that are fortified with animal protein. In addition, the introduction of customized products according to the breed, special needs, age, and health of the dogs is contributing to the market growth in the country. Apart from this, several hotels and restaurants are offering assorted treats and services for dogs, which is offering lucrative growth opportunities to key players.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each sub-segment of the Japan dog food market, along with forecasts at the country and regional level from 2022-2027. Our report has categorized the market based on product type, pricing type, ingredient type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Product Type:
- Dry Dog Food
- Dog Treats
- Wet Dog Food
Breakup by Pricing Type:
- Premium Products
- Mass Products
Breakup by Ingredient Type:
- Animal Derived
- Plant Derived
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
Breakup by Region:
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/ Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
||Product Type, Pricing Type, Ingredient Type, Distribution Channel, Region
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/ Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan dog food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan dog food market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the pricing type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the ingredient type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Japan dog food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?