The latest report by IMARC Group, titled "Japan Dry Eye Syndrome Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," finds that the Japan dry eye syndrome market size reached US$ 128.2 Million in 2021. Dry eye syndrome, also called keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS), refers to a chronic medical condition in which the human eyes cannot produce adequate quantity or quality of natural tears to provide sufficient lubrication and moisture to the eyes. Some of the common symptoms of dry eye syndrome include itching, redness, soreness, photophobia, fatigued eyes, discomfort, and aching or burning sensation in the eyes. It can occur due to numerous factors, including computer usage, menopause, laser eye surgeries, vitamin A deficiency, smoking, aging, allergies, and hormone replacement therapies. Moreover, dry eye syndrome can be treated using lacrimal plugs, artificial tears, lifestyle changes, medications, and surgeries.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
Japan Dry Eye Syndrome Market Trends:
In Japan, the excessive exposure to digital screens due to the rising usage of computers, smartphones, and other devices represents the primary factor driving the market growth. Additionally, the growing incidences of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, thyroid disorders, Sjogren's syndrome, lupus, scleroderma, and rheumatoid arthritis, are contributing to the widespread prevalence of dry eye syndrome among the masses. In line with this, the expanding geriatric population that is more prone to developing such medical conditions due to low levels of supportive hormones is another major growth-inducing factor. Furthermore, the increasing usage of hyaluronic acid for retaining moisture and treating dry eye syndrome has catalyzed the market growth. Apart from this, the launch of novel treatment options and the introduction of functional visual acuity meter devices to measure changes in continuous visual acuity over time have accelerated the product adoption rate. Moreover, the emergence of advanced diagnostic tools, various product innovations, and inflating healthcare expenditure capacities of consumers are also creating a favorable market outlook. On account of these factors, IMARC Group expects the market value to reach US$ 166.65 Million by 2027, growing at a CAGR of 4.30% during the forecast period (2022-2027).
- Based on the disease type, the market has been classified as evaporative and aqueous dry eye syndrome, wherein evaporative dry eye syndrome represents the largest segment.
- On the basis of the drug type, the market has been divided into anti-inflammatory drugs, lubricant eye drops, and autologous serum eye drops. Currently, anti-inflammatory drugs account for the largest market share.
- The market has been segregated based on the product into liquid drops, gel, liquid wipes, eye ointment, and others. Amongst these, liquid drops exhibit a clear dominance in the market.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been categorized into hospital, retail, and online pharmacies. Presently, hospital pharmacies hold the leading position in the market.
- Region-wise, the market has been segmented into Kanto, Kinki, Central/ Chubu, Kyushu-Okinawa, Tohoku, Chugoku, Hokkaido, and Shikoku regions.
- The competitive landscape of the market has also been analyzed, along with the profiles of the key players operating in the industry.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
IMARC Services Private Limited
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800 Americas:- +1 631 791 1145
Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331
Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800