The Japan halal food market is projected to exhibit a growth rate (CAGR) of 9.50% during 2023-2028. The increasing product adoption in the hospitality and food service industry, the rising acceptance and understanding of diverse cultures and religions in Japan, and the implementation of clearer food labeling regulations for halal products are some of the factors propelling the market.
Halal food refers to food and beverages prepared and consumed according to Islamic dietary laws and principles. The term "halal" is an Arabic word that translates to "permissible" or "lawful." In the context of food, it signifies that the items adhere to specific guidelines laid out in Islamic teachings. The key principle of halal food involves sourcing and preparing ingredients, which must be free from substances and practices forbidden in Islam. Commonly prohibited items include pork and pork products, alcohol, certain types of meat, and any food items that have come into contact with forbidden elements. Halal food is not only important for the Muslim population, but it has also gained recognition and demand in Japan. Several non-Muslims opt for halal food due to its perceived cleanliness, healthiness, and ethical preparation practices. As a result, the halal food market has experienced significant growth in recent years, spanning across Japan. To cater to the growing demand, numerous food manufacturers and restaurants have sought halal certification for their products, ensuring compliance with halal standards and gaining the trust of Muslim consumers. Halal food represents a religious observance and a growing industry that promotes inclusivity and caters to diverse dietary preferences.
Japan Halal Food Market Trends:
The market in Japan is majorly driven by the increasing number of Muslims residing in or visiting Japan. In line with this, the rising popularity of the country as a tourist destination among Muslim travelers is significantly contributing to the market. Furthermore, the presence of a diverse expatriate population from Muslim-majority countries is positively influencing the market. Apart from this, the Japanese government has supported halal certification and promoted halal products to attract more tourists and boost the economy. This, in turn, is creating a positive outlook for the market. Moreover, the strong economic ties of Japan with Muslim-majority countries is offering numerous opportunities for the market. Besides, the growing awareness among consumers about the importance of halal certification is catalyzing demand for halal products. Some consumers perceive halal food products as safer and more hygienic, contributing to their popularity. A trend towards ethical and sustainable consumption has encouraged some consumers to choose halal products, thus propelling the market. The expanding global halal market has influenced Japan's food industry, leading to more halal offerings. Additionally, food manufacturers in Japan have been developing innovative halal food products to cater to diverse tastes and preferences. This, in turn, is bolstering the market.
Japan Halal Food Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Japan halal food market report, along with forecasts at the country level for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on product and distribution channel.
- Meat, Poultry and Seafood
- Fruits and Vegetables
- Dairy Products
- Cereals and Grains
- Oil, Fats and Waxes
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the product. This includes meat, poultry and seafood, fruits and vegetables, dairy products, cereals and grains, oil, fats and waxes, confectionery, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Traditional Retailers
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
A detailed breakup and analysis of the market based on the distribution channel have also been provided in the report. This includes traditional retailers, supermarkets and hypermarkets, online, and others.
- Kanto Region
- Kinki Region
- Central/ Chubu Region
- Kyushu-Okinawa Region
- Tohoku Region
- Chugoku Region
- Hokkaido Region
- Shikoku Region
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include Kanto, Kinki, Central/ Chubu, Kyushu-Okinawa, Tohoku, Chugoku, Hokkaido, and Shikoku.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the Japan halal food market. Competitive analysis, such as market structure, key player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant, has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Distribution Channel
||Meat, Poultry and Seafood, Fruits and Vegetables, Dairy Products, Cereals and Grains, Oil, Fats and Waxes, Confectionery, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Traditional Retailers, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Online, Others
||Kanto Region, Kinki Region, Central/ Chubu Region, Kyushu-Okinawa Region, Tohoku Region, Chugoku Region, Hokkaido Region, Shikoku Region
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Japan halal food market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Japan halal food market?
- What is the breakup of the Japan halal food market on the basis of product?
- What is the breakup of the Japan halal food market on the basis of distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the Japan halal food market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the Japan halal food market?
- What is the structure of the Japan halal food market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the Japan halal food market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the Japan halal food market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the Japan halal food market.
- Porter's five forces analysis assists stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the Japan halal food industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.