The global kids’ food and beverages market size reached US$ 126.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 179.8 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 5.85% during 2023-2028. The increasing focus of parents on providing their children with healthy food options, increasing number of children influenced by their peers and social environments, massive shift in the eating patterns, and effective marketing and branding represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 126.6 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 179.8 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
Kids' food and beverages refers to the specific category of food and drink products that are designed, formulated, and marketed for children. These products cater to the nutritional needs, taste preferences, and developmental stages of children, typically ranging from infants to adolescents. Kids' food and beverages products are developed with careful consideration of factors such as nutrient content, portion size, texture, and flavor profiles that appeal to children. They are often fortified with essential vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients to support children's growth and development. These products encompass a wide range of items, including baby food, infant formula, cereals, snacks, beveragess, dairy products, and frozen meals. They come in various forms, from purees and finger foods for infants and toddlers to ready-to-eat meals and convenience snacks for teenagers. Children's food and beverages products also emphasize safety and quality standards. Due to which, manufacturers follow strict guidelines to ensure the ingredients used are safe and suitable for children and adhere to regulatory requirements like labeling, allergen information, and child-friendly packaging.
Kids’ Food and Beverages Market Trends:
One of the primary factors driving the market is the increasing focus of parents on providing their children with healthy and nutritious food options. They are concerned about obesity, food allergies, and the impact of artificial ingredients on their children's health. Due to this, there has been a growing demand for products that offer natural, organic, and minimally processed ingredients. Additionally, children are influenced by their peers and social environments, including school, friends, and media. Consequently, kids are becoming inclined toward products that are popular among their peers or endorsed by favorite characters or influencers’. Other than this, there has been a shift in eating patterns, with snacking becoming more prevalent among children. As a result, the demand for convenient and healthy snacks has increased, thus accelerating the sales of an innovation, in portion-controlled on-the-go kids' snacks and beveragess. Besides this, effective marketing and branding play a crucial role in influencing kids' food and beverages preferences. For instance, eye-catching packaging, engaging characters, and promotional tie-ins with popular children's media and entertainment franchises influence children's and parents' purchasing decisions. In line with this, busy schedules and on-the-go lifestyles have encouraged children to opt for convenient, portable kids' food and beverages options. Furthermore, digital platforms and online shopping have transformed the way parents discover and purchase kids' food and beverages products. E-commerce platforms, social media, and online reviews provide parents with access to a wide range of options and information, thus influencing their buying decisions. Moreover, government regulations and policies related to food labeling, nutritional guidelines, and advertisements targeting children have an impact on the kids' food and beverages market. Furthermore, several manufacturers are reformulating their offerings due to various regulations implemented by governments of different nations aimed to reduce sugar, salt, and fat content in children's products, which are expanding their consumer base.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global kids’ food and beverages market report, along with forecasts at the global, regional, and country levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on the product type, age group, category, and distribution channel.
Product Type Insights:
- Frozen Foods
- Dairy Products
- Shelf-stable Products
- Snacks (Salty and Sweet)
- Fortified Foods
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kids’ food and beverages market based on the product type. This includes frozen foods, dairy products, beverages, cereals, meals, shelf-stable products, snacks (salty and sweet), fortified foods, and others. According to the report, dairy products represented the largest segment.
Age Group Insights:
- 2 to 3 Years
- 4 to 8 Years
- 9 to 13 Years
- 14 to 18 Years
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kids’ food and beverages market based on the age group has also been provided in the report. This includes 2 to 3 years, 4 to 8 years, 9 to 13 years, and 14 to 18 years.
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kids’ food and beverages market based on the category. This includes organic, conventional, and others.
Distribution Channel Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kids’ food and beverages market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes online and offline. According to the report, offline accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, North America was the largest market for kids’ food and beverages. Some of the factors driving the North America kids’ food and beverages market included rising health consciousness, the development of new, innovative products that cater to children's tastes and nutritional needs, marketing and advertising campaigns, often featuring popular characters from TV shows, movies, or games, etc.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global kids’ food and beverages market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Campbell Soup company, Conagra Brands Inc., General Mills Inc., Kellogg Company, Lifeway Foods Inc., Mondelez International, Nestlé S.A., The Kraft Heinz Company, etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Product Type
- Age Group
- Distribution Channel
|Product Types Covered
||Frozen Foods, Dairy Products, Beverages, Cereals, Meals, Shelf-stable Products, Snacks (Salty and Sweet), Fortified Foods, Others
|Age Groups Covered
||2 to 3 Years, 4 to 8 Years, 9 to 13 Years, 14 to 18 Years
||Organic, Conventional, Others
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Campbell Soup company, Conagra Brands Inc., General Mills Inc., Kellogg Company, Lifeway Foods Inc., Mondelez International, Nestlé S.A., The Kraft Heinz Company, etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global kids’ food and beverages market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global kids’ food and beverages market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global kids’ food and beverages market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive kids’ food and beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- Which is the most attractive product type in the kids’ food and beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the age group?
- Which is the most attractive age group in the kids’ food and beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on category?
- Which is the most attractive category in the kids’ food and beverages market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the kids’ food and beverages market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global kids’ food and beverages market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global kids’ food and beverages market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the kids’ food and beverages market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global kids’ food and beverages market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the kids’ food and beverages industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.