The global kitchen knife market size reached US$ 1.6 Billion in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 2.1 Billion by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.20% during 2023-2028. The bolstering growth of the HORECA sector, the rising demand for professional chefs, and shifting trends of cooking at home represent some of the key factors driving the market.
|Market Size in 2022
||US$ 1.6 Billion
|Market Forecast in 2028
||US$ 2.1 Billion
|Market Growth Rate (2023-2028)
A kitchen knife is a cutting tool designed specifically for food preparation, making it essential in any kitchen, including home or professional. Kitchen knives come in a variety of shapes and sizes, with different blade materials and handles, each serving a specific purpose. The most common types of kitchen knives include chef's, paring, utility, bread, and boning knives. Among these, chef's knives are multipurpose knives with broad blades for chopping, slicing, and dicing, whereas paring knives are small and pointed that are mainly utilized for peeling and slicing small fruits and vegetables. On the other hand, bread knives are serrated for cutting bread without crushing it, while boning knives are used to separate meat from the bone. Apart from these, various specialized knives designed for specific purposes and tasks are also available in the market.
Kitchen Knife Market Trends:
The proliferation of hotels, restaurants, and cafes (HORECA) and the increasing number of cafeterias in schools and workplaces are key factors driving the global kitchen knife market growth. Besides this, the rising demand for both professional chefs and home cooks and the expanding number of individuals pursuing cooking careers are contributing to the market growth. Moreover, the surging popularity of reality, which has renewed the cooking arena, is creating a positive outlook for the market. In line with this, the escalating consumer preference for street food across the world is propelling the demand for robust and long-lasting kitchen knives. In addition to this, the shifting trends of gourmet cooking and culinary arts and the extensive emphasis on improving the visual appearance of various food dishes, resulting in the need to cut unusual shapes, such as chiffonade, brunoises, macedoine, and julienne, are aiding in market expansion. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of smart kitchen technology and the introduction of advanced product variants with novel shapes and sizes and new features for improved durability and usability are presenting remunerative growth opportunities for the market. Concurrent with this, leading market players are focusing on manufacturing durable, safe, and cost-effective products, which, in turn, are impelling the market growth. Other factors, such as rapid urbanization, the rising population, the escalating food demand, inflating disposable income of individuals, and easy product availability through bolstering online retail channels, are strengthening the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the global kitchen knife market report, along with forecasts at the global levels for 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on manufacturing process, cutting edge, size, application, and distribution channel.
Manufacturing Process Insights:
- Hand Forged
- Stamped Blades
The report has provided a detailed breakup and analysis of the kitchen knife market based on the manufacturing process. This includes hand forged and stamped blades. According to the report, stamped blades represented the largest segment.
Cutting Edge Insights:
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kitchen knife market based on the cutting edge has also been provided in the report. This includes plain, granton, and serrated. According to the report, plain accounted for the largest market share.
- 3-5 Inches
- 5-7 Inches
- 7-8 Inches
- 8-12 Inches
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kitchen knife market based on size have also been provided in the report. This includes 3-5 inches, 5-7 inches, 7-8 inches, and 8-12 inches.
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kitchen knife market based on the application have also been provided in the report. This includes household and commercial. According to the report, household accounted for the largest market share.
Distribution Channel Insights:
- Convenience Stores
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
A detailed breakup and analysis of the kitchen knife market based on the distribution channel has also been provided in the report. This includes convenience stores, supermarkets and hypermarkets, and online. According to the report, convenience stores accounted for the largest market share.
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of all the major regional markets, which include North America (the United States and Canada); Europe (Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, and others); Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, and others); Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and others); and the Middle East and Africa. According to the report, Europe was the largest market for kitchen knife. Some of the factors driving the Europe kitchen knife market included an increasing number of restaurants and eateries, growing demand for professional chefs, and the rising popularity of gourmet cooking and culinary arts.
The report has also provided a comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape in the global kitchen knife market. Competitive analysis such as market structure, market share by key players, player positioning, top winning strategies, competitive dashboard, and company evaluation quadrant has been covered in the report. Also, detailed profiles of all major companies have been provided. Some of the companies covered include Friedr. Dick GmbH & Co. KG, Global Knives, Kai USA Ltd., Kiya & Co. Ltd., MAC Knife Inc., Masamoto Sohonten Co. Ltd., Mercer Tool Corp., Messermeister Inc, Samuel Staniforth Limited, TOJIRO Co. Ltd., Victorinox AG, Wüsthof Gmbh, Zwilling J. A. Henckels AG (Wilh. Werhahn KG), etc. Kindly note that this only represents a partial list of companies, and the complete list has been provided in the report.
Kitchen Knife Market Report Scope:
|Base Year of the Analysis
| Historical Period
|Scope of the Report
||Exploration of Historical and Forecast Trends, Industry Catalysts and Challenges, Segment-Wise Historical and Predictive Market Assessment:
- Manufacturing Process
- Cutting Edge
- Distribution Channel
|Manufacturing Processes Covered
||Hand Forged, Stamped Blades
|Cutting Edges Covered
||Plain, Granton, Serrated
||3-5 Inches, 5-7 Inches, 7-8 Inches, 8-12 Inches
|Distribution Channels Covered
||Convenience Stores, Supermarkets and Hypermarkets, Online
||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
||United States, Canada, Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Brazil, Mexico
||Friedr. Dick GmbH & Co. KG, Global Knives, Kai USA Ltd., Kiya & Co. Ltd., MAC Knife Inc., Masamoto Sohonten Co. Ltd., Mercer Tool Corp., Messermeister Inc, Samuel Staniforth Limited, TOJIRO Co. Ltd., Victorinox AG, Wüsthof Gmbh, Zwilling J. A. Henckels AG (Wilh. Werhahn KG), etc.
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2499
Five User License: US$ 3499
Corporate License: US$ 4499
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global kitchen knife market performed so far, and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global kitchen knife market?
- What is the impact of each driver, restraint, and opportunity on the global kitchen knife market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- Which countries represent the most attractive kitchen knife market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the manufacturing process?
- Which is the most attractive manufacturing process in the kitchen knife market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the cutting edge?
- Which is the most attractive cutting edge in the kitchen knife market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the size?
- Which is the most attractive size in the kitchen knife market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the application?
- Which is the most attractive application in the kitchen knife market?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- Which is the most attractive distribution channel in the kitchen knife market?
- What is the competitive structure of the global kitchen knife market?
- Who are the key players/companies in the global kitchen knife market?
Key Benefits for Stakeholders:
- IMARC’s report offers a comprehensive quantitative analysis of various market segments, historical and current market trends, market forecasts, and dynamics of the kitchen knife market from 2017-2028.
- The research study provides the latest information on the market drivers, challenges, and opportunities in the global kitchen knife market.
- The study maps the leading, as well as the fastest-growing, regional markets. It further enables stakeholders to identify the key country-level markets within each region.
- Porter's five forces analysis assist stakeholders in assessing the impact of new entrants, competitive rivalry, supplier power, buyer power, and the threat of substitution. It helps stakeholders to analyze the level of competition within the kitchen knife industry and its attractiveness.
- Competitive landscape allows stakeholders to understand their competitive environment and provides an insight into the current positions of key players in the market.