According to the recent report by IMARC Group, titled “United States Laboratory Automation Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2020-2025,” the laboratory automation market in United States is currently witnessing moderate growth. Laboratory automation involves the usage of any software, device, or process in laboratories for scientific research. It may require a combination of conveyor systems, robots, computer hardware and software, and mechanical systems to operate in an automated method. Laboratory automation requires minimal human intervention, improves the safety as well as the accuracy of work, and minimizes the overall time involvement. Moreover, it offers a real-time analysis that eliminates human errors, thereby reducing the workload. As a result, several organizations in the United States are adopting laboratory automation solutions to boost their profit returns, maximize efficiency, and improve testing capacity.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
United States Laboratory Automation Market Trends:
Major pharmaceutical companies like Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Novartis, and GlaxoSmithKline have a strong foothold in the United States. Moreover, it has the highest number of contract research organizations (CROs). Technological advancements in the pharmaceuticals and biomedicine fields have increased the incorporation of automated modular laboratories, thereby propelling the market growth. Apart from this, increasing biomedical research, clinical trials, and drug discovery activities have also provided a thrust to the growth of the market. Furthermore, the outbreak of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) has led to the incorporation of automated solutions in existing labs to eliminate human involvement and attenuate the risk of virus transmission during sample testing. This has significantly impacted the demand for automated solutions in the United States. Additionally, market players are innovating with their services. For instance, Beckman Coulter received clearance from the USFDA in October 2019 for the DxA 5000 lab automation system, which offers a consistent turnaround period and generates an automated patient-oriented workflow. On account of these factors, the market is expected to experience moderate growth during the forecast period (2020-2025).
- Based on the type, the market has been bifurcated into whole lab and modular automation.
- On the basis of the software type, the market has been divided into automated clinical and drug discovery laboratory systems. The automated clinical laboratory systems segment is further segregated into workstations, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), sample transport systems, specimen handling systems, and storage retrieval systems. On the other hand, the automated drug discovery laboratory systems segment is classified into plate readers, automated liquid handling systems, LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems), robotic systems, storage retrieval systems, and dissolution testing systems.
- Based on the end user, the market has been segmented into biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies; hospitals and diagnostic laboratories; and research and academic institutes.
- Region-wise, the market has been categorized into Northeast, Midwest, South, and West United States.
- The competitive landscape of the market has been analyzed in the report with the detailed profiles of the key players operating in the market.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
30 N Gould St, Ste R
Sheridan, WY (Wyoming) 82801 USA
Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
Americas:- +1 631 791 1145 | Africa and Europe :- +44-702-409-7331 | Asia: +91-120-433-0800, +91-120-433-0800