The Latin America biodegradable food service disposables market size reached US$ 102 Million in 2022. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 146 Million by 2028, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 6.2% during 2023-2028.
Biodegradable food service disposables are eco-friendly alternatives to plastic and paper disposables. They are produced from naturally occurring raw materials like sugarcane fiber or bagasse, corn starch, areca nut sheaths, dried leaves of the palm tree and coconut coir. These disposables are gaining popularity in Latin America as they help reduce the buildup of waste, thereby contributing to a cleaner, safer and healthier environment. Biodegradable disposables are utilized across various fast-food restaurants due to their compostable nature, which releases valuable nutrients into the soil to make it fertile.
The Latin America biodegradable food service disposables market is primarily driven by the ban on single-use plastic materials in the region. For instance, Chile has become the first Latin American country to approve the nationwide ban on single-use plastic bags. Argentina and Mexico have also enforced a ban on plastic bags. Besides this, countries like Belize and Guatemala have joined the ‘Clean Seas’ campaign initiated by the United Nations for reducing the consumption of single-use plastic and eradicating the use of microbeads. This ban on plastic materials and single-use plastics has increased the use of biodegradable disposables in the food service sector. Furthermore, rapid urbanization, sedentary lifestyles and the rising on-the-go food culture are some of the other factors positively impacting the market growth.
Key Market Segmentation:
IMARC Group provides an analysis of the key trends in each segment of the Latin America biodegradable food service disposables market report, along with forecasts at the regional and country levels from 2023-2028. Our report has categorized the market based on raw material type, product type and distribution channel.
Breakup by Raw Material Type:
- Pulp and Paper
Breakup by Product Type:
- Clamshells and Containers
Breakup by Distribution Channel:
- Business to Customer (B2C)
- Business to Business (B2B)
- Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
- Online Stores
Breakup by Country:
The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
|Base Year of the Analysis
||Raw Material Type, Product Type, Distribution Channel, Country
||Brazil, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Peru, Others
||10% Free Customization
|Report Price and Purchase Option
||Single User License: US$ 2699
Five User License: US$ 3699
Corporate License: US$ 4699
|Post-Sale Analyst Support
||PDF and Excel through Email (We can also provide the editable version of the report in PPT/Word format on special request)
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the Latin America biodegradable food service disposables market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the Latin America biodegradable food service disposables market?
- What are the key regional markets?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the raw material type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the product type?
- What is the breakup of the market based on the distribution channel?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the industry?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the industry?
- What is the structure of the Latin America biodegradable food service disposables market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the industry?