According to the latest report by IMARC Group, titled "India Lingerie Market: Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027," the India lingerie market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 13.13% during 2022-2027. Lingerie refers to a category of clothing that includes undergarments and intimate care products worn by both men and women. They are manufactured using lightweight, stretchable, soft and smooth materials, such as satin, cotton, nylon, lace, chiffon, silk, elastance, lycra and polyester. Some commonly used lingerie products include bodysuits, corsets, camisoles, knickers, girdles, thongs, bralettes, briefs and thongs. Lingerie products are appealing, fashionable, alluring, comfortable, and flexible. They contribute to good health and assist in boosting confidence, performing activities, and reducing discomfort, irritation and stress. As a result, they are commonly available in various patterns, sizes, designs, color and materials in premium, super-premium, customizable and economical variants.
We are regularly tracking the direct effect of COVID-19 on the market, along with the indirect influence of associated industries. These observations will be integrated into the report.
India Lingerie Market Trends-
Rapid urbanization and industrialization, increasing working population, and the rising awareness among individuals regarding the importance of hygiene are some of the key factors driving the India lingerie market growth. The sudden shift of consumers toward trendy, comfortable, intimate and regular lingerie products due to their hectic lifestyles and work schedules is favoring the market growth. Apart from this, various product innovations, such as the introduction of innovative nursing brassieres that offer support to new mothers who are lactating and permit comfortable breastfeeding, are providing an impetus to the market growth. Additionally, the large-scale integration of online retail platforms with artificial intelligence (AI) and big data solutions to assist manufacturers in monitoring and catering to the shopping habits of the consumers and provide a personalized experience, are positively impacting the market growth. Other factors, including the implementation of aggressive brand promotional activities on social media, rising expenditure capacities of consumers and the easy product availability across e-commerce platforms, are anticipated to drive the market further toward growth across the country.
- On the basis of the product type, the market has been classified into brassiere, knickers or panties, shapewear, and others. Amongst these, brassieres represent the largest market share.
- Based on the material, the market has been divided into cotton, silk, satin, nylon, and others. Currently, cotton dominates the market.
- On the basis of the price range, the market has been bifurcated into economy and premium. Presently, economy price range holds the largest market share.
- Based on the distribution channel, the market has been divided into mass merchandizers, specialized stores, online stores, and others. Mass merchandize currently dominates the distribution channel amongst all.
- Based on region, the market is dominated by North India, followed by West and Central India, South India, and East India.
- The competitive landscape of the industry has also been examined along with the profiles of the key players.
IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
IMARC’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
Follow us on twitter : @imarcglobal